Seats...

Toby

Tried searching but got 400000000000 threads.

I found some like new leather seats in an R50.

Question is, is would they bolt up to the WD21's floor? Or would i need to modify the seat brackets for the front/back?

edit: also how do I remove the shift boot? Are the bolts under the carpet?

Edited by Toby

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a shift boot out of a 94 HB. Picture doesnt really show it but it looks brand new despite a little bit of dirt from a window being cracked.

Also got the center console out of it.

DSC00395.jpg

Also I know it's probably been covered... but wtf is this?

downsized_1116091645.jpg

did we have power seats?

I dunno. all i've ever seen is XE's up close. I don't know if power seats were even available.

Edit: Looked it up. Power seats were not available. Strange.

Edited by Toby

Yessir. Heated seats. My old SE was only driver's heated, my current LE has both front seats heated. Neither are power.....wasn't an option on WD21's.

Yeah i looked up the specs for the WD21's. I find it odd it never had power seats. I don't mind but it's just weird.

I too was shocked when looking inside the top of the line WDs and found they didn't have power seats. Almost every other manufacturer of comparable SUVs besides Toyota had power seats back then, so why not Nissan?

My '93 Explorer had 10-way power seats, both sides! Even side bolster and thigh extension adjustments! It must have been only an American manufacturer thing... :shrug:

Edited by Kingman

explorers weren't built as off-roaders

they were made to just be really comfy cruisers like the crossover suvs today

they weren't as bad off road. Still could be better.

But power seats are just kind of one of those things you'd think almost all cars or SUVs would have available. They made S10's with power seats lol.

Also Infiniti didn't offer a variant of the WD21 i don't think

Power seats just piss me off. On our maxima, the steering wheel moves in and up and the seat moves back when you're getting out. I thought "when I'm almost out, it pulls me back in!"

Plus I'm the only one who drives my truck so its not like they get moved.

My SE interior I swapped in has a heated drivers seat like simons old truck. Passengers are jealous!

My '93 Explorer had 10-way power seats, both sides! Even side bolster and thigh extension adjustments! It must have been only an American manufacturer thing... :shrug:

My 95 wd21 has non sagging rear suspension and stock tires that didn't blow up! On both sides! Must have been a japanese manufacturer thing.

Sorry, I just had to. :tongue:

Power seats just piss me off. On our maxima, the steering wheel moves in and up and the seat moves back when you're getting out. I thought "when I'm almost out, it pulls me back in!"

Plus I'm the only one who drives my truck so its not like they get moved.

My SE interior I swapped in has a heated drivers seat like simons old truck. Passengers are jealous!

My step father's continental did that.