Gear Ratio

I searched but did not find the info I am looking for. Does anyone know what the standard gear ratio is in the axle of a 1995 Pathfinder with the 6 cylinder engine? I checked on line and it listed it as a 4.3++ gear ratio, which seems a little short (numerically high) with a 6 cyl and 31-inch tires.

Thanks!

KJ

I searched but did not find the info I am looking for. Does anyone know what the standard gear ratio is in the axle of a 1995 Pathfinder with the 6 cylinder engine? I checked on line and it listed it as a 4.3++ gear ratio, which seems a little short (numerically high) with a 6 cyl and 31-inch tires.

Thanks!

KJ

Yes This is correct. it may also be a 4.6++

To double check you can take a look at the plate riveted to the inner fender on the passenger side near the firewall. look for a HG43 or a HG46 printed on the plate.

Yes This is correct. it may also be a 4.6++

To double check you can take a look at the plate riveted to the inner fender on the passenger side near the firewall. look for a HG43 or a HG46 printed on the plate.

auto is 4.6x

manual is 4.3x to the best of my knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

Talking ratios... some might be interesed that the D21 Nivara (twin cab ute), has CA48 (4.875 ratio or 39 to 8 teeth).The front diff bolts into Pathfinder, rear on Nivara is leef spring setup.

Talking ratios... some might be interesed that the D21 Nivara (twin cab ute), has CA48 (4.875 ratio or 39 to 8 teeth).The front diff bolts into Pathfinder, rear on Nivara is leef spring setup.

yes but for us USA & canada members if we want gears that low we can take the HG49 (4.93 ratio) front and rear out of R51's (frontys & x's)

Or just get the factory 4:88's out of a later model Terrano, like the 94 I wreaked :D