Rear Tire Mount

wilson

first, I searched. I always search. I generally find little.

my rear tire is mounted in my rear cargo area. I find this troublesome. is there any good options to mount it on the back. I prefer the rear mount as opposed to the roof. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

wilson

if i had a pathfinder without one, I think i would do what GG suggested and get a custom aftermarket one. That ways you can integrate other things into it like tow points, highlift mount, back up lights, turn signals, a hitch, gas can carriers etc.

Mine's custom, built by me and a friend of mine who's a talented metal worker. He also built Morpheus' rear bumper for his R50.

Unfortunately, I have no plans as we built mine on the fly, but I could get some basic measurements for you. That said, I don't know that they'd be of much help, as I have a 3" body lift, and my bumper was designed to hide/protect as much of the rear end as possible, given the 3" of space between the body and frame.

Mine's custom, built by me and a friend of mine who's a talented metal worker. He also built Morpheus' rear bumper for his R50.

Unfortunately, I have no plans as we built mine on the fly, but I could get some basic measurements for you. That said, I don't know that they'd be of much help, as I have a 3" body lift, and my bumper was designed to hide/protect as much of the rear end as possible, given the 3" of space between the body and frame.

Do you have detailed pictures of it from many different angles?

-Colby

rearbumperscreenshot.jpg

This is one I designed, I already have a carrier though...but you could just put a piece of 1/4" angle iron on it, and use some 1x2x1/4" steel tubing to build a basic hinge, then go from there :) If you need a more visual thing, I can probably draw something up for ya :D

This one is fairly close to his, although He did a 8-10 degree forward angle on the back portion about a foot in on each side (to match the body curve better) and of course had a tire carrier..

Edited by OldSlowReliable

Here is the one I had made and was using for a while, I took the carrier off and mounted the bumper on my 88 now.

93bumper805.jpg

The mounts are 2 pieces of 1/4" steel welded together and drilled for the stock mounts, then a 2" tube above and a 2"tube below the mounts. I used 2" tube for the carrier too. with 2 plates and a bolt for the hinge.

oops...guess i didnt read well enough

wilson: idk if anyone on here has that, but MY1PATH just got the postrunner rear bumper from them

Correction I got an incomplete Postrunner from them, I still have to grind off some dangerous sharp edges and gusset the reciever where they blew thru a weld. 375+ shipping 12+ weeks of wait and still not all the parts have arrived.

Go elesewhere, Like somone who can take pide in beautiful quality workmanship; where the welds flow like a series of concave semicirles, the edges are rounded and clean, the weding slag is chipped off and production times are acurate to what you've been told.