is it safe to tow a car?

pathfinder92

hi folks...got a 1992 Pathfinder SE 4WD......yesterday the motor finally died in my other car but I need to get it towed to a shop thats 200 miles away to get a new engine dropped in it. the car weighs roughly 2600lbs according to the door stickers....the trip would be basically half interstate and half country roads all on genrally flat land...would it be safe to use my pathfinder to tow my car for this distance?

you should be fine with a dolly. The cooler is a great idea, even if you were just wheeling.

you have to figure a complete car hauler probably weighs at least 1500 lbs by it's self, and if you were thinking about u-haul, they probably wouldn't let you run it with a pathy. They've got pretty strict guidelines.

The dolly probably only weighs 300lbs, and if it's the crapalier that you're towing in the pic, it's front wheel drive, so it would work great on a 2 wheel dolly.

Make sure if you're renting the dolly from u-haul too, that you stop by ahead of time and make sure they "OK" your vehicle for towing it.

I've heard many people show up the day they're supposed to go and they won't let them take it because of stupid reasons.

you should be fine with a dolly. The cooler is a great idea, even if you were just wheeling.

you have to figure a complete car hauler probably weighs at least 1500 lbs by it's self, and if you were thinking about u-haul, they probably wouldn't let you run it with a pathy. They've got pretty strict guidelines.

The dolly probably only weighs 300lbs, and if it's the crapalier that you're towing in the pic, it's front wheel drive, so it would work great on a 2 wheel dolly.

Make sure if you're renting the dolly from u-haul too, that you stop by ahead of time and make sure they "OK" your vehicle for towing it.

I've heard many people show up the day they're supposed to go and they won't let them take it because of stupid reasons.

Yep they wouldn't let me tow my 95 pathy with our 2000 pathy. So I waited til my friend wanted to buy a car and we just told them we were towing a 92 Jetta instead.

looks like a z24 bretta to me buti might be wrong

Yea, it's a Beretta (or 2 door Corsica if you want to be blunt about it, little bigger/heavier than a Cavie). As said You should be ok with a dolly just go for an aftermarket trans cooler before stressing the trans. Don't want to replace that...