Rear Glass Spoiler?

DSmitty182

So im looking to grab one of these spoilers from a junk yard just for the keeping my back windshield clean b/c winter is coming around, and i was wondering how to remove this? Thanks...

:scratchhead:

1) open the tailgate

2) pop off the plastic trim at the top of the gate (top of the glass)

3) remove the screws/bolts that anchor the spolier. I can't remember what type of socket or bit you'll need though (e.g., 12mm socket, Torx T20 bit).

it's pretty simple

as a side note, the spoiler is (semi-gloss black) painted metal. I had success using Astro Shield to remove oxidation and restore the original black finish. don't pass up a spoiler if it has light oxidation - I'd be concerned mostly with chips/rust.

• 3 weeks later...

So im looking to grab one of these spoilers from a junk yard just for the keeping my back windshield clean b/c winter is coming around, and i was wondering how to remove this? Thanks...

:scratchhead:

where else can you get a spoiler besides the junkyard??? price?

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

Just priced one for curiosity sake... Retail $626.38... and they're in stock at the warehouse... gee, I wonder why...

I can do it at $325, but yes they are outrageously expensive for some bizzare reason.

Just priced one for curiosity sake... Retail $626.38... and they're in stock at the warehouse... gee, I wonder why...

Holy crapdaddies!!

I have a plastic one (Similar to the vent visors & bug guard) I bought @ Nissan, do you not still sell those? No way in hell mine cost that much.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crapdaddies!!

I have a plastic one (Similar to the vent visors & bug guard) I bought @ Nissan, do you not still sell those? No way in hell mine cost that much.

I never noticed it was different than OE.. pics?? Does yours mount by drilling holes or does it use the exisiting glass hinges?

• 3 weeks later...

If you get the glass hinges off a pathy that has the spoiler. Just check your local junkyard.

Oh snap! Just realized I made a year with the forums today!! Woot for me!

Edited by 180sx

So after searching around local junk yards, i came across a junked pathy.. if your ride didnt come with the factory spoiler, and you were hoping to put one on think again.. thanks for everyones input on this topic.. im off to the SnOw!!