Some issues with new installation of body lift + suspension

pathfinder93x

Just bought a 1995 manual pathfinder from British Columbia... i was lucky enough to get it as he drove to a city near montreal a month after he moved. Quebec rust.... horrid. Anyhow got the 3inch bilstein suspension kit and steering stabalizer kit, 3 inch body lift, headers and 2.5 inch exhaust..... ordered the ARB bumper. Been a while since I was on this forum but I finally got the job done. Learned alot here and appreciate everything.... 3 rusted pathfinders down the road...

-I do have some issues.... my handbrake cant connect anymore... anyone know a solution to this?

-I bought a HI-Lift jack for the truck has anyone built a mount for it on a tire rack.... if so im open to advice.

Enjoy! Thanks again everyone!

10728_145787875917_507425917_3256422_6006682_n.jpg

10728_145616550917_507425917_3254961_2319910_n.jpg

Edited by pathfinder93x

Sounds to me that it is a lack of adjustment. I found with my 2" BL I had to make droppers for the handbrake cables to get them back to factory positions. One side always bound up on cornering with out this mod. Hence it wore that side out real fast.

Thanks for the advice I will extend the brackets.

Now I am having some other issues... when I did all this I slapped on some pace setter headers and a magna flow catalytic and muffler... i had it on my old automatic pathy and it worked fine.... but now since I did the lift and placed the exhaust I am having some major power issues... idle is rough.... it sputters when shifting (i have a manual one now). It seems if my rpm is not at 3000 it wont hold it just chokes and can barely move.... Im thinking airfilter? misfiring spark plugs? leak in header? Possible massive carbon build up in the engine... need air intake cleaner?Anyhow let me know what u guys think, its a drag been waiting 4 years to do this and she aint purring very nice haha.

I also changed my gas tank... but cant see how that would effect the issue

I also changed my gas tank... but cant see how that would effect the issue

Did you change over float assemblys/fuel pumps(assuming it was a pre-owned tank since you would have proably said it was new) Could have a lame pump in it :shrug:

To check the ECU codes is it necessary to bring it to the mechanics? Guessing they will hook it up to their system? He also mentioned the fuel pump being weak when I brought it in... well not weak but the wires where starting to mess up and one of the pipes as very very rusted.... I got a spare... Ill install it and see what happens...

I know the trap door is in the trunk, but is there any precautions i should take when installing a new fuel pump?.... just to be safe

Also my gas tank is 100% brand new... i bought it on my first truck... if anyone remembers pathfinderxbuild.com back in the day. I zinc coated it and added a layer of por-15. Anyway the tank is new but the pump is from my previous tank... guessing this can be causing problems. It seems the truck runs 100% fine then it sputters and chokes then runs fine, sputters and chokes...

Thanks in advance!

You can check the codes yourself. Here are the instructions.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=21

Yes, your problem could definitely be fuel related, from pump to pressure regulator to filter. It's always a good idea to start with the ECU codes though as it is quick, easy and free... ;)

B

You can check the codes yourself. Here are the instructions.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=21

Yes, your problem could definitely be fuel related, from pump to pressure regulator to filter. It's always a good idea to start with the ECU codes though as it is quick, easy and free... ;)

B

Thank you very much, going to check today at lunch!

A leak at the manifold could create different conditions/ratios than the computer expects, but it shouldn't be so bad unless it is a large noticable leak.

Did the ECU have any stored codes??

B