White Letters In/Out Update

dhardison

Got my two new Michelins from tire rack. I read every reply to my white letters post and after much agonizing on what to do I decided to mount the whites out. My girlfriend of ten years told me she liked it with the letters out and wanted it to stay that way so I guess I'm :owned:

And a funny conversation I overheard at the specialty tire and wheel shop that does my work. Guy about 20 pops the covers off the Path to discover that it's still got the OEM wheel locks on it and says to his 20 something co-worker. "Why would anybody bother to put wheel locks on an ugly set of wheels like that?" The old school shop owner hears them and replies "Nissan spent lots of money back in the day to pay to have those wheels engineered for 4 wheel drive applications and those locks have probably been on that truck since it was new."

I guess I'm old school too because I always liked those wheels but if I had a lot of extra money laying around I'd change them out for something black because I'm a fan of black wheels. I remember how much better my old 350z looked after I changed it to black aftermarket wheels.

Edited by dhardison

lol those wheels are made in the same factory that produces volk racing too. they were probably worth big bucks back in the day when they were produced. It was and still is uncommon to put nice, light magnesium wheels on trucks. The lego wheels are awesome. They look good on xterras too

IMG_4082.jpg

lol those wheels are made in the same factory that produces volk racing too. they were probably worth big bucks back in the day when they were produced. It was and still is uncommon to put nice, light magnesium wheels on trucks. The lego wheels are awesome. They look good on xterras too

IMG_4082.jpg

Old Red's stock rims right there. They're well travelled. :lol:

Someone here in the past painted theirs black. Turned out pretty good...

Old Red's stock rims right there. They're well travelled. :lol:

How wide are the tires on those 7" rims???

The funniest part is, I ended up acquiring another set with rubber to run in the winter, from another Pathy-rust-partout.

*snort*

B

Another point I forgot to make for members who like the lego wheels. I think it's one of the few wheels that can look as good or even better with the center caps off. I've run mine both ways but I'm running caps on right now. If I did more wheeling I'd leave mine off all the time. Just more of my sometimes opinionated and a little Crown Royal influenced 2 cents on a Saturday night. :friday: :02: :blah:

Yall can keep your S/C and lego rims. I'd rather rock QX56 rims any day

That-thing0021-1.jpg:rofl:

Remember you promised to sell me your old street wheels pictured below so I could put them on my Z as soon as you got those installed for trail work.

chrome.jpg

Remember you promised to sell me your old street wheels pictured below so I could put them on my Z as soon as you got those installed for trail work.

chrome.jpg

But for real put those on your Z and sell me your stock wheels. my 91 is too bland

• 3 weeks later...

That's very interesting about the stock wheel locks. Mine had them on the rear tires and the spare tire, they looked awfully old. I bet they were stock. I had the guys at work *Les Schwab) take them off and put normal lugs on there when I had a slow leak.

I don't like the lego rims at all. I painted them black so I didn't shiver every time I look at them. Can't wait till I get some black steelies on there!

Those Infiniti rims are hilarious...