1995 Pathfinder - Rubber mats under carpets ?

FUELER

Asking for a member of another forum:

Hi

I stripped the interior of my 1995 pathfinder to clean and maintain.

Under the carpets in driver and passenger footwell benieth pedals is a heavy moulded rubber that covers the whole area, I presume to help protect and muffle sound from engine (???).

Mine was completely perished and falling to pieces so I took it out on both sides. I am now looking to replace but don't know what these pieces are called.

Any ideas or a link?

Cheers

thought this forum would be a little better for the 95's come on guys the WD is not THAT old, i know you own computers too

Under carpets actually more of a soft plastic than a rubber. but yes it is a sound dampener and laid in strips under carpet throughout the entire vehicle(@ least the earlier years I've seen do)

Alternatives for replacement;

Dynamat expensive but VERY quiet if you lay it under your carpet. good insulator too.

there are prolly knockoffs that are also effective.

you could also roll herculiner or thick undercoating in there to dampen the noise b4 you put the carpet back.

I have it in my 95. It is for noise reduction and so its all smooth under the carpet. It's starting to crumble On my truck as well. I keep finding pieces of it on the floor after I have passengers. Jerks probably keep kicking at it.