The friend who bought my pathfinder, 2 months or so ago, got it in an accident tuesday night, some dumbass pulled out of the left turn lane right in front of him and he swerved and hit a mazda 3 right in the drivers front door. the mazda mirror dented in the front of the passsenger fender which broke off the mirror and took out the corner light, not much body damage but the front suspension took a lot of damage on the pathy, mazda just needs a new drivers front door and the tire mark buffed out of the rear.

he was going maybe 25 but the mazda was doing at least the speed limit, 50. bent the tie rod and shifted the rack, bent the strut so he decided to sas. Waggy 44, jeep steering box, radius arm suspension front and rear, possibly coilovers in the front with just longer springs in the rear. Also we are in the process of building a high clearance front bumper for the front, so far it looks sooo sick! stinger and all. pictures to come this weekend,

alright. See, if people start sas'ing our rigs, maybe companies will look up and say hey, let's make a kit! Calmini maybe?

Hell, even just aftermarket IFS products would be nice, i.e. long travel struts, sturdy control arms, etc. The R50 needs more aftermarket exposure. SAS kits would be sweet too! :aok:

for real. Do like they do on the chevy's with IFS. Longer control arms with longer axle shafts with drop brackets for a 7"lift!! Can we get some love?

For sure. The CV axles from AC are pretty hearty but with anything more than 2-3" of suspension lift they'd be victim to breakage and torn boots... But they are beefier than OEM!

DSC07179.jpg

AC on the left vs. OEM on the right.

Some long travel struts would be the sh*t IMO. :aok:

• 3 weeks later...

heres an update of the my friends r50. At the beginning of last weekend he moved it out of my garage and put it into his dads shop at his house to finish working on it, but this is how it was before it left, its all on its own weight now.

sas1.jpg

sas2.jpg

We're using 6" lift Ford F-350 front coil springs in the front, and stock F-350 springs in the rear. Believe it or not it will flex.

• 4 weeks later...
heres an update of the my friends r50. At the beginning of last weekend he moved it out of my garage and put it into his dads shop at his house to finish working on it, but this is how it was before it left, its all on its own weight now.

sas1.jpg

sas2.jpg

We're using 6" lift Ford F-350 front coil springs in the front, and stock F-350 springs in the rear. Believe it or not it will flex.

Hey Alex, I was wondering if the rear F-350 spring would give me 6" on the rear of my rig to level out my SFD, with out making spacer or having custom ones made. Also, thanks for the tease!!! where the rest of the picture of this bad boy. That looks awesome so far.

David

Hey Alex, I was wondering if the rear F-350 spring would give me 6" on the rear of my rig to level out my SFD, with out making spacer or having custom ones made. Also, thanks for the tease!!! where the rest of the picture of this bad boy. That looks awesome so far.

David

Yup but you'll have to do a little bit of fab work on the rear arms (this is the route I'm heading)

I'm not sure if he was implying a congrats in the fact that you got it done quickly...considering...

but anyway, get some pics up, man! Is it on the road driving yet?

So then does this make that the first official SAS'd R50 DRIVING on the road? I don't know if Tyler has his done or the other guy (sorry, can't remember your name...).

Jose