Need to vent

filthyphil

I guess i should start of with, I'm a tiler and work for a company of about 7 employees, last week a new Foreman was hired, So this fskc wit has layed of one guy already and now he is trying to get me out.

Im the highist payed ,other than the fskcwit foreman, so this **** has made up this story that i have been removing product, (glue) 3 bags and stated that i had only wrkd 30 hours , when i had wrkd 36 hours!!!!!

So i get home from wrk today and there is a letter on my door step :scratchhead:

It is from my employeers lawyer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 That you falsely stated the amount of hours you wrkd

2 That you took unauthorized possession of company property this involved you taking 3 bags of

glue off site in your VAN!!!!!

The &^%*ing wrk van is the companys poperty so its not my van!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now i have to go and see this lawyer tomorrow to tell my side of things.....

I carnt belive my boss is taking this &^%*ing ***** word over mine after wrking for him for 16 months.

This guy is just a dick ( from my wife)!!! Ha Ha

If i had it my way i would take him on a drive in my parthfinder, with a shovel and a bag of lime!!!!!

I am &^%*ing filthy about this, and if it wasnt for my wife telling me she is up the duff with our second child!!!!!!!! i would be in his face getting into all sorts of @!*%!!!!!

WELL @!*% THATS A BIT BETTER ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO VENT CHEERS ALL

Edited by filthyphil

Heh...that sucks...I've been dealing with my unruly boss for almost 2 years now...he's an idiot and could have fired me a while back bc I don't take his @!*% and let him know how it is but he knows the company needs me...but I really dont need this company as soon as i find a new job...

Good luck hope you keep the position and maybe the asshat gets fired an you get a promotion?

Go to the boss - after you have cooled down - with a calm and polite tone. Tell him you really like your job and you really want to stay on and then tell him the scoop. Tell him you understand that it is his word against yours. Tell him you will do what it takes to have the truth flushed out as you firmly believe in the truth. Tell him you are interested in doing quality work that makes the company profitable... but you feel intimidated by the new guy.

THe problem is, the new foreman may have been hired to clean house and get rid of dead wood (and can't discern who is who) - tell your boss you support this as you would want that if you owned the company (this tells him you see the big picture).

Maybe a beer with the new foreman after work would help. Kepp your firends close and your enemies closer as they say... G/L

/\ Good advice!!

I'll add to it by saying take the mellow approach, save your job, and immediately start looking for another job. When you have one nailed down, quit and explain that you no longer have faith/feel secure in the company.

B

Oh, and bags of glue are such a hot item that people want to steal them?? :scratchhead:

That sux dude, at my old job I dealt with the boss the only way I knew how, I made his life misserable until he quit, I liked the job too much to quit.

By the way, you blanked out every swear word up there except for the C-bomb, which I though was quite funny, as its probably the worst one out of the lot.

Cheers lads!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the good advice and feedback, hade the meeting today.

So i carnt say much about the outcome, as thy can sue me if i talk about it, But all good

I found out that thay are downsizeing big time...& The foreman has shears in the company so Good luck to them!!!!!!!

As i said to my wife,( When one door closes another one opens)

In all truth it will be good to have the free time for a few weeks!!!!!

So yes i have moved on!!!!

It will be good to spend sum time with my other love of my life>>>>> my parthfinder

Edited by filthyphil

Thanks for all the good advice and feedback, hade the meeting today.

So i carnt say much about the outcome, as thy can sue me if i talk about it, But all good

I found out that thay are downsizeing big time...& The foreman has shears in the company so Good luck to them!!!!!!!

As i said to my wife,( When one door closes another one opens)

In all truth it will be good to have the free time for a few weeks!!!!!

Sounds like it has worked out ok, so I'm glad.

If they are downsizing, why don't they do it with integrity and respect for the employees who make their profit for them instead of this BS set up to fire people? Just had to say that.

B

I think the Wife is the first love, pathy 2nd

Well i met the wife before i got my pathy, so year prob should state 'for the record' that my wife is the fist love!!! he he he :takebow:

Atleast this way i can get back into contracting and make twice as much $$$ as wages!!!!

Just have to look for the wrk now!!

I deal with the Same BS every fricken day! I work part time (HS student) for a local car wash...

This is just one encounter with him my manager....

I know this goes against forum guidelines but I have a religious background and Sundays I go to church.

So I had a Friday off, Wednesday and Thursday it rained (cant wash cars in the rain) so I didn't go in... so before on Tuesday when I go in, my schedule hasn't changed, and I am assigned to go in on Saturday at 2pm work till close.

He does NOT call me (like he said he would do if the schedule changed on my day off) to even tell me that he changed the schedule Friday. So when I go in he calls me in to his office and asks me "why are you late?"

ME-> "late? If you call showing up at 1:50pm for a 2pm shift is late?"

Him-> "The schedule says your assigned for 10am."

Me-> "you told me that during my job interview that if the schedule changed on a day I wasn't here that you would call me and tell me."

Him-> "well its your responsibility to find out"

me->"you never even gave me your phone number for me to call you and find out!"

him->" thats your fault, you should have asked"

me->"Alright, Im sorry, do i still work here?" ( i gave up fighting then)

him->"get out there and don't do it again!"

And then at the end of the day he is like "oh yeah show up at 7:00am tomorrow (sunday morning) for work!"

Me->"I have church thought"

him->" I dont give a crap come in then or your gone."

totally unfair but i had to...

(btw.. I dubed out a bunch of curse words from the convos so throw em in their as you like)

Find another job where the boss isn't such an @$$, then quit.

By quit, I mean just don't show up. Ever...

If the boss calls you just tell him that you had quit days ago.

When he says that you didn't tell him that, simply say " thats your fault, you should have asked". ;)

B

i have worked for the bosses i knew i never wanted to become (total asshats)........ now i am the boss i dreamed of working for.

glad you are moving on, hope you find a company that appreciates your skills and is not as petty and underhanded as your last cone. GOOD LUCK!

I deal with the Same BS every fricken day! I work part time (HS student) for a local car wash...

This is just one encounter with him my manager....

I know this goes against forum guidelines but I have a religious background and Sundays I go to church.

So I had a Friday off, Wednesday and Thursday it rained (cant wash cars in the rain) so I didn't go in... so before on Tuesday when I go in, my schedule hasn't changed, and I am assigned to go in on Saturday at 2pm work till close.

He does NOT call me (like he said he would do if the schedule changed on my day off) to even tell me that he changed the schedule Friday. So when I go in he calls me in to his office and asks me "why are you late?"

ME-> "late? If you call showing up at 1:50pm for a 2pm shift is late?"

Him-> "The schedule says your assigned for 10am."

Me-> "you told me that during my job interview that if the schedule changed on a day I wasn't here that you would call me and tell me."

Him-> "well its your responsibility to find out"

me->"you never even gave me your phone number for me to call you and find out!"

him->" thats your fault, you should have asked"

me->"Alright, Im sorry, do i still work here?" ( i gave up fighting then)

him->"get out there and don't do it again!"

And then at the end of the day he is like "oh yeah show up at 7:00am tomorrow (sunday morning) for work!"

Me->"I have church thought"

him->" I dont give a crap come in then or your gone."

totally unfair but i had to...

(btw.. I dubed out a bunch of curse words from the convos so throw em in their as you like)

I had a similar thing happen to me, I was helping a GF to move, I was running 15 minutes late for work so I called up the boss, he was sweet on the phone, said no worries, he will cover for me til I got into work. When I arrived, he called me into the office with the manager and they gave me a written warning for being late, when I said that I called in to say I would be 15 minutes late they said I was 2 hours late, at some stage between my last shift and that one my roster had changed without me knowing. They didnt care, so I sat there and took it.

After that I made my bosses life hell at work, I wouldn't cover for him if he asked, if he called up sick (he was a bit of a hypocondriac), I would tell him he better find someone to take his shift because I wouldn't cover him, about 6 months later he quit, I won.