Aftermarket ECU

Is there an aftermathet ECU available for WD21's? Like does MSD make one or something like that?
Jim Wolf technology can re-program your ecu, I think you can do it thru 4x4 parts too.
Or is flashing the stock ECU the only way to get performance from the ignition?

the re-programed of "flashed" ecu's have a differant fuel map but I don't think there are any timimg enhancements. the only way to get better igniton would be to install an MSD igniton box.

I am just trying to find out if there is a way to build some power through electronics vs a mechanical means.....

Anyone know if they make like super chips for pathfinders? cause i know that they make performance chips for most vehicles.....

• 4 weeks later...
I am just trying to find out if there is a way to build some power through electronics vs a mechanical means.....

Anyone know if they make like super chips for pathfinders? cause i know that they make performance chips for most vehicles.....

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/

they sell something you might be interested. they send your ecu to be flashed

I mean like a modifier, as in this thing...

http://www.superchips.com/product_images/p...ge_image-73.jpg

Suprisingly enough... that one is for the newest pathfinders actually...

Nissan ecu's don't like piggy back's. The self learning features will typically negate a good deal of any changes you would make anyway. Almost all piggy backs alter the maf voltage to make adjustments which throws off the timing curve.

Reflashing the ecu is the best practice, but still requires someone with competence to have set it up.

There are no cheap, easy bolt-on mods that produce a substantial amount of gains in engine power or torque. Sorry.

We have a saying at out shop that has been around for eons "We give high quality work, we like to do it quickly and we like to save you money. Pick two."

There are no cheap, easy bolt-on mods that produce a substantial amount of gains in engine power or torque. Sorry.

I Second that!

Any claim to do so is a load of BS.

I love the 'chips' on ebay that for ony $5 give you +40 HP and +20 MPG at the same time!

What a load of crap!

• 3 weeks later...
http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/

they sell something you might be interested. they send your ecu to be flashed

Yup,

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/jet-import-e...995-p-3887.html

no one sells a chip that you can just plug in because the chip in the ECU is soldered to the board. JET unsolders it, puts in a socket then gets another chip and programs it for your truck depending on the specs and any other modificatios done to your motor.

If you are planning on doing cams intake exahust etc... do all that FIRST, then send in your ECU.

Edited by SteeevO

Yup,

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/jet-import-e...995-p-3887.html

no one sells a chip that you can just plug in because the chip in the ECU is soldered to the board. JET unsolders it, puts in a socket then gets another chip and programs it for your truck depending on the specs and any other modificatios done to your motor.

If you are planning on doing cams intake exahust etc... do all that FIRST, then send in your ECU.

something to think about later on i suppose.... :):aok:

• 2 weeks later...

Nytrosfinder... I just asked the same question. My last project car had several guys that sold chips that you put into the ecu. And they were originally soldered from the factory. You just use a desoldering gun and remove the old chip, resolder a socket for the new chip, plug it in and you are done. It was not the BS chips they sold on ebay, but were truly reprogramed with different fuel curves to get more power. They also removed the speed limiter that was programmed into the ecu to prevent you from going too fast.

Nytrosfinder... I just asked the same question. My last project car had several guys that sold chips that you put into the ecu. And they were originally soldered from the factory. You just use a desoldering gun and remove the old chip, resolder a socket for the new chip, plug it in and you are done. It was not the BS chips they sold on ebay, but were truly reprogramed with different fuel curves to get more power. They also removed the speed limiter that was programmed into the ecu to prevent you from going too fast.

Yup,

Thats what JET Performance does

:laugh: Me like... Gonna have to try that one sometime....

Is there an aftermathet ECU available for WD21's? Like does MSD make one or something like that?

Or is flashing the stock ECU the only way to get performance from the ignition?

Try Jim Wolf Technology

jimwolftechnology.com :clickdalink:

They also removed the speed limiter that was programmed into the ecu to prevent you from going too fast.

I know your talking a different car but why would you need that with a Pathfinder? For the most part at least, we are not building/driving touring cars?