Pro Comp Tires

EmptyV

So I'm thinking about putting pro-comps on but don't know anyone that's used them. Here's the 2 models I'm looking at, mostly street driving with the occasional baja 2X. The Xtreme's have a 40,000 mile warranty and the Radials come with a 50,000. Tire size I'm looking at is 275/75/R16.

Xtreme All Terrain

xtreme-all-terrain-radial-trans.png

Radial All Terrain

radial-all-terrain-trans.png

Thanks for the feedback!

Billy

I had a Pro Comp MT blow-out on me going 65 mph on the interstate with only about 20K on them. The tread ripped off by itself & then the tire blew. It tore-up my front bumper & ripped off my sideview mirror (I also drove on the completely flat tire for like 3 or 4 miles until I could get to a decent neighborhood to change it-toughest rims I've ever seen)Company said that "they were have some trouble with the MT's & Xtreme Allterrains," yeah I'd say so.

Heres the link to the write-up on it

I say go BFG Mud terrains or all terrains..... yeah its a common tire but, they are reliable, good for the money, and provide great traction on the road and off.... I have talked to so many people about their tires and they say that the BFG all terrains are their favorite tire.... i like mine... lasted a while and relatively no wear....

for the money i'd get the BFG KM2s or SSwamper TSL Radials. at least they work in the (real) mud, unlike the BFG ATs.

I've run the hell outta my BFG MT's in some nasty, nasty stuff & been fine. The KM2's are a whole lot of badassness though...

The BFG ATs suck up mud and don't clean very well.

Good for everything else, but not mud. There's so much rain around here I wouldn't consider putting those on my truck.

My next tire will be a MT, hopefully a KM2.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH OLD TECHNOLOGY. The performance and reliability that comes with it is much better than designing something new and having it be a total failure, and ruining the company's name.

They have no reason to do something about the design unless people suddenly quit buying them. Which I don't see happening any time soon. My dad just put a brand new pair on his F150.

If I get new tires any time soon, I think I'll be going with some 31's for on-road and light off-road use. 33's just don't make driving fun, I've always been disappointed with the mileage and power loss and I wanna be able to drive the Pathy anywhere without regrets. Flooring it to go up hills in the mountains and on the sand dunes just isn't as satisfying as getting juice when you want it.

If I get new tires any time soon, I think I'll be going with some 31's for on-road and light off-road use. 33's just don't make driving fun, I've always been disappointed with the mileage and power loss and I wanna be able to drive the Pathy anywhere without regrets. Flooring it to go up hills in the mountains and on the sand dunes just isn't as satisfying as getting juice when you want it.

Swap in a diesel and 33's will be wonderful. :aok:

my 32" BFG AT dont really cause a problem... I can climb hills better than some of the wranglers around here....

I have 32" Toyo A/T tires and have only been stuck once. I was doing a climb (open diff was the fail) and my rear end slid into a huge rut full of sand and snow. :thumbsdown:

The BFG ATs suck up mud and don't clean very well.

Good for everything else, but not mud. There's so much rain around here I wouldn't consider putting those on my truck.

My next tire will be a MT, hopefully a KM2.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH OLD TECHNOLOGY. The performance and reliability that comes with it is much better than designing something new and having it be a total failure, and ruining the company's name.

They have no reason to do something about the design unless people suddenly quit buying them. Which I don't see happening any time soon. My dad just put a brand new pair on his F150.

thank you for proving my point.

i don't think he is looking for a mud tire.

emptyv, i am using BFG AT's over the winter months and i am pretty happy with those tires too. I was also impressed with the Bridgestone Dueler AT's that Pezzy uses on her R50. I haven't had any experience with the pro comp AT tires, and it's rare that i ever drive on sand so i can't really help you out. Maybe Fueler can recommend some good AT tire for you. he lives around your area and goes out in the desert to wheel.

I don't think you would be disappointed with BFG AT or the Dueler AT's

Ditto...

The only Pro Comp Tire I am slightly familiar with, is the Xterrains, which wear out somewhat fast (Ive heard the same about their MT's, they have a soft composition, compared to other brands) I don't know if the composition on the two you are looking at is any better when it comes to wear, but something to look into.

i don't think he is looking for a mud tire.

emptyv, i am using BFG AT's over the winter months and i am pretty happy with those tires too. I was also impressed with the Bridgestone Dueler AT's that Pezzy uses on her R50. I haven't had any experience with the pro comp AT tires, and it's rare that i ever drive on sand so i can't really help you out. Maybe Fueler can recommend some good AT tire for you. he lives around your area and goes out in the desert to wheel.

Ooopss... my bad, thought hes looking for MT. It has reviews for AT too (navigate from the homepage) :) BFG AT's is very popular around here too, seems like theres something special about them. And I've no experience with pro comp tires either, sorry about that...