Found a CHEAP 3" Lift Kit!

magregor

Would there be much difference between the kits? I am sure the number of blocks and length of bolts, etc would be the same wouldn't they? I don't know, so I guess that would be a question... :)

Yeah, in 91 or so they used longer/different bolts on the very rearmost body mounts. They're exceedingly hard to find because they're metric and an extra 3" longer. Some people have simply used SAE bolts and drilled out the stock metric captive nut IIRC.

Then really it doesn't matter if I am going to drill out the rear bolts and use SAE bolts anyways...especially to save about 50 bucks

Yes, to a point... Don't be suprised if you have to cut open the floor from the top to get at the 'captive' nuts for 1 reason or another though. Hack the floor or spent $50... :shrug:

See the last post.

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...25&hl=bolts

B

I had to hack the floor to get the bolts out as I had to lift the body off the frame about 2 ft. to rebuild it...I had to cut the bolts as they were rusted so bad...

I also found at Jegs that you can get the lifting blocks individually for $7.99...So if you get just the blocks and buy the bolts at the hardware store, it may be just as cheap...I guess if you have a welder and can fab the brackets and such. I even checked out a business online that would turn some lift blocks out of Nylon or Neoprene on a lathe possibly even cheaper than the individual ones at Jegs and it is local. Still poking around, as I have to keep this project "under the wife's radar" ;)

Edited by magregor