alarm system

beastpath

So I've decided to put an alarm system into my '91 pathfinder. But I have no idea what the good ones are.

should I find a stock one somewhere? or just get an aftermarket?

what are all your experiences with different brands?

should I find a stock one somewhere? or just get an aftermarket?

what are all your experiences with different brands?

i had a stock alarm system and was ok. the rang on it suck relly bad could not unlock it tell i got up to the door. i put a clifford matrix 50.5x in mine about two years now and have no problems. the resond i got that one is for it tells you if someone has hit your car or opend the door and so forth. and i can be a mile away and the remote well tell me all of that.

clifford and viper are made buy the same group of people gust one well cost more than the other.

http://www.clifford.com

http://www.viper.com

A the same time if you use it all the time like i do for work you well go threw some batterys.

I have a Compustar and i love it! I think mine is way better then a viper can do alot of stuff with it

http://www.compustar.com/main.htm

I have the 2 way one it was like 400 bucks installed but it sweet. the little remote beeps and vibrates if someone is messing with it plus also confirms if the dooors are locked unlocked. you can check the voltage, temp and a few other things while sitting in your house with a push of a button. Idk i love it i wouldnt of bought anything else. 3000ft range can also do remote start with a manual if u wanted that. Alarm is very loud

Wow the remotes looke better than cliffords and vipers. The remote looks like a old cell phone befor thay had color screens. But the clifford that i have douse all of that to with the two way and vibrates. it douse pritty good but i like the way the compustar looks. should have looked around :headwall: but ethere way its better than stock to me. good stuff

My mom's ex used to put Viper basic alarms on all his company work vans. They were basic, got the job done, and never had any issues. He would keep the vans for about 5 years too.

Plus I like the name :aok:

Wow the remotes looke better than cliffords and vipers. The remote looks like a old cell phone befor thay had color screens. But the clifford that i have douse all of that to with the two way and vibrates. it douse pritty good but i like the way the compustar looks. should have looked around :headwall: but ethere way its better than stock to me. good stuff

yeah they work really well i like them alot. I think that all 3 brands would be fine but i just felt that this brand was better! you can do alot of crazy things by adding on and a few of the really high end ones can use satlite to open and lock your car in crap so range isnt a matter at all but those cost alot!

I have the compustar pro P2W9000FMR

Edited by edicer2

I have a Compustar and i love it! I think mine is way better then a viper can do alot of stuff with it

http://www.compustar.com/main.htm

I have the 2 way one it was like 400 bucks installed but it sweet. the little remote beeps and vibrates if someone is messing with it plus also confirms if the dooors are locked unlocked. you can check the voltage, temp and a few other things while sitting in your house with a push of a button. Idk i love it i wouldnt of bought anything else. 3000ft range can also do remote start with a manual if u wanted that. Alarm is very loud

jeez louise! that is an awesome alarm system! where did you get it for $400 installed? thier website is listing MSRP $599 lol. I'm gonna have to start saving up!

i got it installed at sweetsounds here in mankato mn. they sell them here for like 400 then its free install i think. all i know is it was about 400 and its was totaly worth it! if your going to buy one and dont mind spendying a little more i recommend the one that i got