T-bars, new or crank old

Ok, I found the upper control arms, all shocks, and other stuff, thanks zepplin (we need to go out wheeling when I get this thing up and going!), and I found a pair of front springs from a 97 JGC v8, and the best part...they are almost brand spankin new due to an accident a few weeks before this one. The entire rear end of this thing is missing. I guess what I am asking is, should I change out the T-bars, or is it simply "ok" to crank the t-bars while I build the money to put a more in depth suspension under her. I have been searching for weeks now and still cannot find any HooHaa centerlinks... :thumbsdown: ...but in time it shall come to pass. Anyway, help me out here guys. Can you tell me if it is reliable enough to go out every great once in a while to go hunting in the Rockies, or is it something purely cosmetic and won't give me any advantage at all? I am fairly new to modding up 4x4's, used to tweak with little tuner cars, but decided to grow up to something more adventurous. Any advice is great...school me please. Thanks in advance!

Just crank your stock bars. I'm still running them, and have had no issues. I don't want the ride any stiffer.

hoohaa = grassroots4x4 They sell centerlinks on their website. www.grassroots4x4.com

Well, I called and asked the guy, he said they measure out at a .54, but I did some research and found that they should be the .52's, but they might have put a different year on the truck when they had to change them...maybe! I could just be finding some b.s. info. Anyway, thanks for the link, and keep the advice coming!

so what year coils off the zj are good for the pathy's

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought it was the 93-97 JGC with the V8. I am a little bit of a noob when it comes to nissan's, ask me just about anything you need about a honda, but I am just starting out. Any of those should work according to the stock dimensions and spring rate. Hope this helps.

Just crank your stock bars. I'm still running them, and have had no issues. I don't want the ride any stiffer.

hoohaa = grassroots4x4 They sell centerlinks on their website. www.grassroots4x4.com

I would attempt a crank first, it's free. If the crank doesn't work, then spend money

Exactly...

B

Hey, I was just thinking about the lift and had a curious question. Is there anything with the steering, brake lines, or drivetrain that I have to worry about? I just want to know what all I am going to need to make this affordable yet fully functional. Don't know why I didn't ask that in the first place, but hey, it happens.

Hey, I was just thinking about the lift and had a curious question. Is there anything with the steering, brake lines, or drivetrain that I have to worry about? I just want to know what all I am going to need to make this affordable yet fully functional. Don't know why I didn't ask that in the first place, but hey, it happens.

if you swap your left and right e-brake gude loops (so they are upside down) you will gain a little more reach for downtravel and they will still flex enough to allow bottoming out w/o any strain on the e-brake lines.

the rest, I belive should be ok w/o extending. somone else will prolly correct me if I'm mistaken.

• 1 month later...

Ok, any other suggestions? Any ideas on how to get this cheaper? I am going to the junk yard this weekend to see if I could find one maybe wrecked that already has all this on it. I will still need shocks, but if I can get the UCA's and the springs for cheap, I will buy some rancho's or bilsteins. Just wanted to keep the thought alive.

rancho 5112's rear, front won't matter. theres a sticky about springs that has a ton of info about which one's and the diameters. I would say get the beafiest ones you can find. the JGC's I got gave only a small amount of lift in the rear, although that is relative to the amount of sag you have

here's the link http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18

Edited by headpeace