Where are all the OZies

Cyril

Sorry about your loss boys , the floods have taken thier toll for sure .

Take care and i'll be in your neighbourhood on the 21/01/11 when i drop the kids off in Canungra , hopefully the water is lower by then .

hey boys. well i survived the floods on our island community here in redbank. we were lucky the water came within 20 meters of the house. our little 1meter wide creek turned into 40+ meters wide. alot of houses went under around this area. im right near goodna wich would have been on the news. but me and the rest of the crew are fine. after having no power for 3 days. we just dug a hole in the back yerd and cooked on a camp fire. lucky some lightening hit a gumtree over the road a few weeks ago so i had plenty of fire wood for the duration. we only lost food so not to bad but around $500 worth. ill put some pics up once i can get the bloody things of my phone. chat soon. the soggy JADM crew

G'day all again, well alot has happened last time I was on, threw some Tough Dog Heavy duty springs under the R50....(feel the bumps, but keeps me outta the rutts), scored some ROH 7x15 rims, just waiting on the Big Horns to hit Queensland then I am throwing some 31's under her..... UHF installed, snorkel, Dual battery system, inverters. I have replaced my winch cable (still using cable, still not sure about UV rays and salt on the rope stuff) think my winch has taken it's toll on my battery, I had a look at it and found it was only a 220CCA, think I am gonna need more with the 8000 Warn. All in all, luving the Pathie, she goes and goes, and have found out it even goes where big fat landcruisers can't go.....up rock walls!

bogged1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 2 weeks later...

Hey peeps. I've just checked into this forum. Hoping to buy a Pathfinder soon. It'll be my first 4X4.

I've been looking around online and the parts don't seem that easy to come by. Maybe I just don't know what to look for yet.

I'm looking at buying a 2000/2001 R50.

My plans are to give it a 2" lift. I like to DIY, (ie save money where i can) and put some bigger shoes on.

Can you fit 31/10.5-15 tyres with only a 2" lift and no other mods? <-- i still know nothing about tyres/wheels

Edited by Westy

Hey peeps. I've just checked into this forum. Hoping to buy a Pathfinder soon. It'll be my first 4X4.

I've been looking around online and the parts don't seem that easy to come by. Maybe I just don't know what to look for yet.

I'm looking at buying a 2000/2001 R50.

My plans are to give it a 2" lift. I like to DIY, (ie save money where i can) and put some bigger shoes on.

Can you fit 31/10.5-15 tyres with only a 2" lift and no other mods? <-- i still know nothing about tyres/wheels

I'm pretty sure Nick is running 31s on his Pathy, he will pop in in the next few days with the details.

Hi Westy

Welcome to NPORA. I am over in the East in Victoria.

To answer your questions:

2" lift - no probs

31x10.5 tyres - no probs (with the right offset rims) I have 31" Bighorns and 2' lift on mine.

Nick

• 4 weeks later...

whats the go cyril

Well after the ex decided to revline the donk for about 30secs on the beach the cam was starting to make an odd rattle , so changed the motor just in case then on the way to QLD it just rolled along with no drive , so after a strip down i smashed the oil pump into 4 pieces and shot metal through the rest of the box including the torque convertor . So decided to hotup the box during the rebuild so to be alot stronger to handle my abuse . Should pick it up on monday and then to Qld on tuesday . Might pop in to see you matt , if you want .

Yep, he has a spare V6, but it has an odd rattle.

:rofl:

Going to use some parts from it , you can have the rest though . Can't help you with the ash tray Matt . You can use the space for a cb instead .