Brake and ABS lights

DaveS

my abs and brake lights come on intermittently always together and they seem to stop coming on when the car is warm ie driven for 20 highway miles or so. to my knowledge i do not have abs. i have a 94 XE

I have a 95 and mine is on during cold mornings. In the warmer afternoons it won't display. I pretty much ignore it; it's probably just the sensor/connector at the BMC...

Oh, I don't have ABS either...

B

ya im new but have looked on the site for a long time. This past week my abs and brake light came on also. it would do it only on turns wall braking tho. i looked at the lines and everything but nothing looks wrong. Then i looked under the hood and check the master cylender to see what the level was. It was full but seen that there is some kind of hole or somthing behind the first brake line and it is leaking. so i dont know if that is the problem or what. this week i well put a new master cylender in from nissan hopefully thats it. And mine is a XE with abs in the rear only.

with rear only abs can you feel it pulsing in the pedal??? i can lock up the tires and dont feel the pedal pulsing. the previous owner may have replaced the rear axle is there any way to find out if the stock axle was replaced with the LSD one i have now

with rear only abs can you feel it pulsing in the pedal??? i can lock up the tires and dont feel the pedal pulsing. the previous owner may have replaced the rear axle is there any way to find out if the stock axle was replaced with the LSD one i have now

You can check your VIN number in FAST. It will tell you the options it came with. A dealer might do it for you too.

can you feel the abs in the pedal when i kicks in or not???

I never have, on either of my 95's. That said, I don't know that I've ever locked up the rear wheels, unless in 4wd, which disables the ABS anyways. :shrug:

i can hardly notice my abs pumping the petals but ik it works becasue i dont lock up my tires when on ice. mines a 92 with abs and my freind has a 91 with abs and has the same results so my guess is its either not connected or one of your brakes is a little sticky causing it to turn on

i put a oem master cylender in today and was not that hard ether. i have put over 30 miles on it sofar and the abs or brake light has not come on. i dont know if that is the same problem with yours but gust somthing to look at. well post pics later to show you the leak that i was talking about.

I thought all 93+ at least(if not 90+) had the rear ABS. My 93XE has it.

its a primitive ABS...the solenoid is on the right side about halfway back tucked up against the frame rail

Hmm, maybe that's why I never saw any parts that would indicate ABS. Certainly doesn't feel like it... :shrug:

*goes and looks*

B

here is what i had. gust a 10mm and a 12mm.

DSC03272.jpg[/img]

this is the old and the new one. i guess you know which one is which.

DSC03275.jpg[/img]

this is were my Master Cylinder was leaking from and that is what i think set all this stuff off.

DSC03277.jpg[/img]

final product.

DSC03281.jpg[/img]

hope all this helpes someone.

Damn, that's some seriously dirty brake fluid!! Also, looks like the contacts were quite corroded. That may have been the reason for the warning lights. Still, if it was leaking, it needed replacing... :shrug:

B

well now you know my secret to good brakes. ya i seen the corrosion on the plug that may have had somthing to do with is also but the master cylinder was leaking to so ethere way i was going to change it out for a new one. :ph33r: