Back fireing

Nismojunky

Assuming you mean backfiring out the exhaust this can mean unburnt fuel is getting into the hot exhaust system where it then burns causing the back fire. Could be valves or just running too rich.

Does it do it when cold and warm or?

Too rich, and or not enough back pressure? In addition to all the above, of course...

B

reducing exhaust pipe diameter can reduce this condition, if its happening in the exhaust pipe.

Is the information in your profile correct? If it is then you should really post this in the 86-89 Section of the board. The VG30I is very different from the VG30E. Most of the solutions people might give will not apply to your rig anyway. It is a bit frustrating constantly seeing that. Keep in mind I am only going by what your profile says. If you have a second rig that is 90-95, I apologize for the rant.

indigent.

Is the information in your profile correct? If it is then you should really post this in the 86-89 Section of the board. The VG30I ...

for the vg30i I reccomend keeping pipe diameters down to 2.25 max with 2.0 as being optimal for non-poping exhaust and low end torque. If your running stock 1.875" pipe then I guess something else is the cause.