Marlin Crawler 58" Sliders for $149...

BonnerBB

I smashed my passenger door in this past weekend... Don't really care about the damage aesthetically speaking.. I did have to take sledge hammer to the floor board to be able to get the door to close without slamming it..

I was considering purchasing me a pair of these sliders and welding them so my door will remain operational in the future...

I was thinking about getting the 58" ones for $149.00

Shipping is around $40 for these...

http://marlincrawler.com/armor/side/rock-slider

I am gathering quotes for welding them on as we speak....

Any suggestions and/or recommendations??? Please..

I did do a search - only got a few hundred threads of people showing off their custom fabbed sliders...

I know that I've been looking around at future upgrades and this style of rock slider is exactly what I'm planning using. I also was planning on just welding them to the frame. So DO IT man and take pictures so I can follow your lead! :beer:

I was actually looking at the ones on this site, they r very similar.

http://www.trail-gear.com/rocksliders.html

Colby

Edited by colbywan

hey bonner, I thought you and trailchaser were buds, can't he weld em up for ya?

I am just getting to know Trailchaser - wouldn't want to impose upon him. I have only been to one TNO (Texas Nissan Offroad) meeting and am kind of a newbie to the club.

and i know where you can order a set :D

Sorry Steev0 - did not see your post until after I had already ordered them from Trail Gear...

Msavides - I have no welder and no knowledge, besides it looks like there is a hairline crack in your frame where you welded on yours. :)

MY1PATH - the 6 leg kit and gussets at Rugged are the same as the gusset kit sold at Trail Gear for $19...

Rock Slider Gusset Kits

Our gusset kits include plates for the frame and triangle corner gussets. Plate welds to frame and rock slider welds to plate. Kits are made from 3/16" plate steel. 58" and 67" kits contain 6 plates and 6 gussets. 78" kit includes 8 plates and 8 gussets.

Rock Slider Mounting 6 leg Kit $19, 120007-1-K

rockslidergusset2-225.jpg

Edited by BonnerBB

....Sorry Steev0 - did not see your post until after I had already ordered them from Trail Gear.......

No Worries, did u talk to jon? did u tell them you were putting them on a nissan? :D

I am just getting to know Trailchaser - wouldn't want to impose upon him. I have only been to one TNO (Texas Nissan Offroad) meeting and am kind of a newbie to the club.

Sorry Steev0 - did not see your post until after I had already ordered them from Trail Gear...

Msavides - I have no welder and no knowledge, besides it looks like there is a hairline crack in your frame where you welded on yours. :)

MY1PATH - the 6 leg kit and gussets at Rugged are the same as the gusset kit sold at Trail Gear for $19...

Rock Slider Gusset Kits

Our gusset kits include plates for the frame and triangle corner gussets. Plate welds to frame and rock slider welds to plate. Kits are made from 3/16" plate steel. 58" and 67" kits contain 6 plates and 6 gussets. 78" kit includes 8 plates and 8 gussets.

Rock Slider Mounting 6 leg Kit $19, 120007-1-K

rockslidergusset2-225.jpg

no no hairline crack in my frame. It has bedliner coating on it. kinda gives some optical illusions. Where exactly are you seeing this. so I can do a more through investigation.

Mark

no no hairline crack in my frame. It has bedliner coating on it. kinda gives some optical illusions. Where exactly are you seeing this. so I can do a more through investigation.

Mark

I have a feeling he is mistaking the weld at the edge of your mount plate for a crack.

No Worries, did u talk to jon? did u tell them you were putting them on a nissan? :D

Not sure whom I talked to - but I did make sure he knew that I was putting them on a Nissan...

I expressed to them that I wished that they would adapt some of their 4runner and Tacoma bumpers to our Nissan's and he kind of laughed.

I would love one of their stinger tube type bumpers for my pathfinder. I just think the only word in their vocabulary is To-yo-ta... So sad...

Mark

Sorry man - I was just kidding... Guess it wasn't funny was it... :(

Not sure whom I talked to - but I did make sure he knew that I was putting them on a Nissan...

I expressed to them that I wished that they would adapt some of their 4runner and Tacoma bumpers to our Nissan's and he kind of laughed.

I would love one of their stinger tube type bumpers for my pathfinder. I just think the only word in their vocabulary is To-yo-ta... So sad...

Bastage!!!!

Again, find a friend with a welder and some fab skills to make custom mounts for one of their bumpers if you like em.

• 1 month later...
Again, find a friend with a welder and some fab skills to make custom mounts for one of their bumpers if you like em.

Like this! http://nissantrailriders.com/forum/viewtop...89&start=40

By the way the Trail Gear sliders are in the back of my truck waiting to get welded on... :)