2600 miles in the 95

unccpathfinder

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright...didnt make it to flagstaff...about an hour or so out...do have some internet tonight so its definately easier to type.

at hour 16 I reached exhaustion and felt drunk so i got me a place to stay tonight...I'm a lil ticked right now b/c i had a bottle of "alcohol" in my suitcase which slipped off my shoulder in the parking lot and proceeded to shatter so now all of my clothes are covered in 100 proof and glass shards...

talking to some east bounders at the hotel tonight looks like i'm in for a treat tomorrow b/c they said when they came through flagstaff it was snowing pretty good and starting to stick so I think i'll be getting a late start in the morning to let the sun come up and start to work on the roads a little before venturing up the road.

Once I get back home i'll post some of the pictures that i've taken, although most will be horrible being they are at 65+ mph.

I hope to be home by about 3-4PM tomorrow

all of my clothes are covered in 100 proof and glass shards...

You mean that's not a normal Saturday night?? :D

I hope to be home by about 3-4PM tomorrow

Should be possible with a little luck...

4rollover so far

See above...

:beer:

B

In flagstaff eating some cracker barrel....I must say fl & ca drivers should not be allowed to drive in snow...

I had 1 scare doing about 35 & the truck going 90 to my lane...no problem handled it but the &^%*ing jackass that was

On my ass passes me while I'm still recovering...he got a huge finger out the window... That wad the fl dude

SEE! i am not the only one who says californians should not be allowed to drive in the rain OR snow hahahahahahah if it ain't sunny, they be crashing.

glad you're safe and almost home!!!!!! :hugs:

Alright...after unloading and having a couple of beers with dinner I went to bed at 8:30. I still have laundry to complete and tallying to do for mileage and what not but I drove right a total of 2650 miles in 40ish hrs

I know on an individual fill up basis the worst mileage i had was like 14.5 and the rest were 17-18.5 mpg so I figured along the trip i probably averaged 17mpg but will total up the miles and gallons that i have receipts for (missing the 1st 20 miles or so and the last 120 miles b/c of partial tanks)

I will try to go through this tonight and get some numbers and pictures up but i'm not promising anything; 2 hours of work and i'm ready to go home.

And you wondered if the truck would make it... :rolleyes:

Glad the trip was eventless and that you are home. Go get some sleep...

B

This morning the radio broke on the way to work and I have a thud in 1st and 2nd gear (thinking its a U joint) so i've got to check that out

Alright heres what I got:

Worst tank: 14.84 mpg

Best tank: 18.66 mpg

Overall: 17.16 mpg

total mileage on tanks recorded: 2611 miles

total gallons: 152.16 gal

Highest fuel cost: ludlow, CA $2.25/gal

lowest fuel cost: Cookeville, TN $1.40/gal

total fuel cost: $261.9

there was a lot of 70+ mph driving so i'm not disappointed with the massive exhaust leak at the manifold, dirty air filter and whatever else was against me

still working on pictures

EDIT: I smelled hot brakes a couple of times on the trip and thought nothing of it. Last night I swapped over my mud rovers from the 87 so I can swap out the chrome wheels to sell them and noticed the insane amount of brake dust on the Front left caliper and the insane amount of heat coming off of it and recalled pulling to the left on my trip out so I believe that caliper has frozen up or isn't releasing all the way so I will be investigating that this weekend...glad it didnt cause me any heart aches on the trip

Edited by unccpathfinder