windows wont defrost

MudFinder95

its a 95 le, all the windows fog up so you cant see out of them exept for the windshield... No matter what setting i have it on (defrost high, low, etc.) Even if I get into the truck in my garage with no fog on the windows and leave to work with in 10 minutes i cant see out of the side windows... which means rolling them down to cross any roads or highways in the freezing weather of sk, canada..

I have nothing wet in my truck and have tried everything. Do i need to replace the heater core or what? because the windshield says good and clear and the heat still blows pretty warm.

help!

Check to see if there's crap in the motor housing and the evaporator housing. Also check that the drain host for the HVAC system isn't clogged, keeping a pool of water in the system. It's on the passenger side, near the back of the front wheelwell under the truck you should see it.

if its humid/rainy i noticed that the windows fogging up are just going to happen in pathy's. i kept a towel in my truck to wipe the front windshield and side windows as i was driving if it was raining out b/c they would fog up almost every 5 mins until i guess the temperature equalized between the glass and inside air temp.

Do you have air coming out of the vents? change the selector around and if the air is only blowing from one location then the selector needs to be reattached if it changes to where you tell it to blow from..then uhh don't breathe so heavily ;) .

I know there are anti-fog wipes for scuba gear and don't know if they make a larger quantity type wipe but you may look into that and see if it helps

A/C should kick on as needed with the defrost setting. If your AC isn't working (mudfinder95) that could be another reason why your defrost isn't working properly.

A/C should kick on as needed with the defrost setting. If your AC isn't working (mudfinder95) that could be another reason why your defrost isn't working properly.

It only does that with the fancy SE controls. I looked in his pics and he has the manual ones like me. My a/c won't click on with the defrost...

dumb question, but what air source is it set on? inside, inside/outside, outside? I have found that mine defrosts best when i use the inside/outside setting.

indigent.

Yes, make sure its not on recirculate. I accidently did this once and it was pissing me off. Then I realized that I forgot I switched it earlier. Duh, gotta pay attention....

dumb question, but what air source is it set on? inside, inside/outside, outside? I have found that mine defrosts best when i use the inside/outside setting.

indigent.

that worked .. i had it on inside then set it to outside and now its good.

Check to see if there's crap in the motor housing and the evaporator housing

Mine always fills up with leaves... Does anyone have a working mod to keep the leaves out? I have tried using plastic zip ties to create a grid on the intake grilles, but the leaves still get through.

It only does that with the fancy SE controls. I looked in his pics and he has the manual ones like me. My a/c won't click on with the defrost...

must be as mine doesn't either. i have to press the AC button ON otherwise the AC never comes on.

that worked .. i had it on inside then set it to outside and now its good.

yup. you were just recirculating the fog. :D