Cup Holders in a 91 stickshift...

BonnerBB

Have a new to me 91 Pathfinder and am currently using a coozie wedged between my seat and emergency brake for a cup holder.

I would prefer to have room for two drinks. This is a trail rig so if it requires drilling 4" hole on the top of my dash - I will. :friday:

Any suggestions and/or ideas? Where to buy? Got pictures?

If you just want to tell me this post is stupid - that would make me feel better than you not posting. B)

Edited by BonnerBB

Have a new to me 91 Pathfinder and am currently using a coozie wedged between my seat and emergency brake for a cup holder.

I would prefer to have room for two drinks. This is a trail rig so if it requires drilling 4" hole on the top of my dash - I will. :friday:

Any suggestions and/or ideas? Where to buy? Got pictures?

If you just want to tell me this post is stupid - that would make me feel better than you not posting. B)

I found some that hang on the top of the glove compartment door for $0.69 at costless

Cheap plastic ones, but they work, especially if you glue some rubbery foam to the bottom so drinks don't rattle and slide around

There's also a write up about installing a center console from an early Grand Cherokee on here somewhere, 2 cup holders. A little modding, and it works.

Edited by kingman92010

Shove your Coke up your :ohno01:

Search the site a little, cup holders tend to be an issue for a lot of us (myself not included). Some have added aftermarket ones in locations they feel happy with. Some are happy with the later model stock ones in the center console (some just bitch and moan about them). Others have been able to find the ones that were made once upon a time to replace the ashtray. Another solution, though a lot more involved, has been to make a Jeep or other brand center console work.

I don't know about anyone else, but in my 93 SE right under the radio, there is a little compartment you push on and it comes out, and there is a plastic piece that can slide over it and hold 2 drinks. Plus the ones in the center console. I don't know if this was a rare option or not. I will post pics if people want. This truck also has a phone thing right beside the center console on the passenger side.

^^^ must be special or something.. there is really no center console with the stick.. there is that box which has cupholder holes in it (in the lid once it's open) but that's a big hassle.

There isn't anything different in an auto, besides maybe an extra change tray between the box and the shifter.

I don't know about anyone else, but in my 93 SE right under the radio, there is a little compartment you push on and it comes out, and there is a plastic piece that can slide over it and hold 2 drinks. Plus the ones in the center console. I don't know if this was a rare option or not. I will post pics if people want. This truck also has a phone thing right beside the center console on the passenger side.

I would like to see pictures if you have them.

Shove your Coke up your :ohno01:

Search the site a little.

I thought I did a search on this site - just realized I did the search on a different Nissan Forum with no results. I thought I searched NPORA.

I am quite familiar with searching - just had too many windows open on my computer and got confused about where I searched and where I hadn't - my apologies.

Thanks for the warm welcome though - Grim!

Thank you for the link MZxtreme...

Edited by BonnerBB

cup holders...... what cup holders? i put my cans and cups by my seat, between the handbrake and shifter... the right cup and unless you slap on the anchors, it won't spill :D

and on king, bein as his lid is missing anyway, that is one big cup holder for me :D

Edited by Slick

Where do I put my damn coke???

you put your mtn dew between your legs...if you need 2 drinks you carry a passenger and they can handle up to 3....1 in each hand and 1 between their legs...just joking...but seriously the best cup holder i have had is my legs...if you spill it you know about it

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...older&st=40

wheelmanls1 had a good one for each side...or get the "cupholders" center console out of a 94 or 95 b/c it will bolt into an earlier wd21 but doesnt work so great for the big gulps