Stocker to Mudder Question(s)

MudFinder95

Hi I am new to mudding and bought a 1995 pathfinder LE 4x4. just have a couple questions..

1. The truck is stock right now with the 28" tall tires. I plan on buying my friends slightly used 33x12.50" timberline mud tires. Would they work on the stock rims? (being only 7" wide I'm thinking) and would they clear everything with a 3" body lift??

2. I want to get a pushbar or one of those bumpers with the tow hooks and light tabbed push bars. can anyone give me sites to check out for ones that will look good on my 95?

search is your fried but

1.) in general to fit 33x12.5 u need 3 inch body and 3 inch suspension. u might be able to with a 3 inch body but your gonna have to trim alot of your fenders

2.) check 4x4parts.com they have alot of stuff. arb makes a bumper but in general aftermarket stuff is far and few between

search is your fried but

1.) in general to fit 33x12.5 u need 3 inch body and 3 inch suspension. u might be able to with a 3 inch body but your gonna have to trim alot of your fenders

2.) check 4x4parts.com they have alot of stuff. arb makes a bumper but in general aftermarket stuff is far and few between

Well my friend who is selling me the tires had them on his 1992 ford flareside with no lift and it just fit. now he went to a 6" SL and wants 38's. It looks like they won't fit on the pathfinder with no lift, but I heard some where that some LE's came with 31" tall tires. So I'll try and fit them with the 3" body.

Thanks for the info

Edited by MudFinder95

31's fit all WD21 Pathfinders Stock. XE LE SE it doesn't matter. You WON'T fit those tires with just a 3" body lift. You WILL rub HARD on your fenders and rear quarters any time you turn the wheel, or flex the suspension.

You need some suspension lift to fit them, in addition to the body lift. I run approx 2.5" suspension lift, and a 3" body lift, with aftermarket rims and 385/75R16 tires (measured out to about 33.5" tall) and I still rub off road (my rear quarters are a mess) and in the front on the fenders when I turn and hit a bump.

*sigh* why must we ALWAYS do this.... NO they did NOT come an ALL SE"s

There are a lot of SE, mine included, that came with the smaller tires :togo:

Some people don't learn.

Heres the push bar I want but I can't find it anywhere!

help?

Mudfinder, I have a pushbar like that one, but with the rectangles that go around the headlights... as well, it is from nissan I think, it came stock on a lot of pathfinders around here when they were sold from the dealers.

But I was thinking maybe that pushbar is one of those regular ones with the extra metal cut off... haha I actually want to do this now that I saw this picture.

so yeah, just my thoughts, im new to this and all.... so excuse me if this was worthless...

edit: I actually looked at the picture and the one on mine and it is nothing like it, lol.

im sorry for wasting your time lol.

john

Edited by dreamgt

Yeah that's mine. I don't really have any pics from the rear.. its got a hidden hitch dunno if they came stock or not. Heres what I have, I hope you don't mind the unpainted garage walls lol!

picture003qp8.jpg

picture006mq5.jpg

picture005gr4.jpg

and I cant wait to get the big wide tires on there with some chrome rims should look awesome

Edited by MudFinder95

I've just put 31" in my Pathy and it's rubbing a lot when I flex, even with my recent 3"BL+1"SL...

I don't know if I'll wait for the new 3" SL coils I bought or trim the front fenders a bit (if it is rubbing the fender). P...

Edited by flnl