New Pathy for me!

ticker

I got a new pathy. I'm stoked! Its a 98 se with a manual transmission, 4wd and a LSD. I was really bummed about having to give up the 95 pathfinder, but I really didn't want to get in to fixing a rusted out frame. I've been looking for about 2 months and i finally found pretty much exactly what i wanted. I even manged to get $1000 for the trade in on the 95. Trust me, with the broken manifold studs, sticky lifters, fist size rust hole, and hail damage I got a good deal. The only problem is that after filling it up with gas it seems to leak a bit from the filling tube. Apparently there is a recall associated with this so hopefully tomorrow the dealer can take care of it. I'm still pretty stoked, it had one owner who seemingly took pretty good care of it. Shiny paint, clean interior, timing belt done at appropriate millage, etc. I look forward to learning all about this new to me pathy.

post-1770-1225663074_thumb.jpg

yea I'm pretty fired up. I have to be honest the first ride i looked at was a 96 r50, and after driving it I couldn't wait to get back into my beat up 95, that particular r50 was just awlful and I kind of felt sorry for people that were driving the r50's, fortunately this new one is completely different and I had no qualms about trading up. As for being unsupported I looked into buying a haynes manual but it seems like the only one available is devoted to frontys and X's with just a bit on the pathfinder. whats up with that?

Edited by ticker

That would be the correct Hayne's manual. I have the same one.

And yes, you are correct about the recall. My dealership replaced the part, no problemmo.

Congrats on replacement part R50 :aok:

Congrats on the upgrade. I know you needed something other than a beat up a WD21 and you seemed to have found an R50 you like. We now have almost as much support/information for the R50 as for the others. Are you going to lift it?? :D

B

Congrats on the upgrade. I know you needed something other than a beat up a WD21 and you seemed to have found an R50 you like. We now have almost as much support/information for the R50 as for the others. Are you going to lift it?? :D

B

You know I really did love that WD21, It never let me down.

Lifting the R50 would be sweet. But I think i'm just going to work on paying it off before I put any money into it. Although I would like to level it out though, and maybe put the 31" tires that I never mounted on 95, that are sitting in the garage. I pretty sure there is no easy trick to leveling it like tweaking the torsion bars on the WD21. I believe I need spacers, which cost money, which brings me back to paying it off before I put any mods on it. Damn I need to start playing the lottery!!

The leaking filler tube is getting replaced on friday. WOO-HOO

Edited by ticker

Thanks every body the 95 will always be remembered fondly. I had always wanted one and was thrilled to have had the opportunity to own one. I psyched to have the R50 now, it has way more goodies (like a LSD and a sun roof!) and is much more refined in terms of comfort. She is in the shop having the filler tube recall taken care of today, hopefully all will go well.

:aok:

• 2 weeks later...
I got a new pathy. I'm stoked! Its a 98 se with a manual transmission, 4wd and a LSD. I was really bummed about having to give up the 95 pathfinder, but I really didn't want to get in to fixing a rusted out frame. I've been looking for about 2 months and i finally found pretty much exactly what i wanted. I even manged to get $1000 for the trade in on the 95. Trust me, with the broken manifold studs, sticky lifters, fist size rust hole, and hail damage I got a good deal. The only problem is that after filling it up with gas it seems to leak a bit from the filling tube. Apparently there is a recall associated with this so hopefully tomorrow the dealer can take care of it. I'm still pretty stoked, it had one owner who seemingly took pretty good care of it. Shiny paint, clean interior, timing belt done at appropriate millage, etc. I look forward to learning all about this new to me pathy.

Looks pretty cool and clean mora than a Pahty of same year can be found here in Mexico

Nice one