Fan issues? Maybe

Turning on either the A/C or heater causes for a obnoxious buzzing noise coming from inside the dash. I figured that either something had gotten into the fan or possibly one of the bearings had worn out.

Is this a common issue? Do I have the right idea on what could be wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by 95champagnepath

Yes you have the right idea. The motor is actually really easy to pull out. There's a thread around here about cleaning out the housing as it's common to have a bunch of crap in there.

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...zzard&st=20

That post shows removing the blower motor resistor, but you can see in one of the pics the blower motor is right there. Just unbolt it from the housing and drop it down to see if anything's jammed in there, or if a fin broke, or it has a bad bearing.

Pull the blower fan out and remove all the leaves and pine needles from your housing before it catches fire!

Thanks for the related posts.

Found about half an in. of debris in the blower and a few leaves in the fan.

It's back to normal. Thanks a lot.

mines been doing it for years!!!

lol

So I never thought too much about it, but does anyone's pathy smell kinda like rotten eggs and gas after driving a short trip, say 4 miles? Only happens on certain days. I could never find the direct spot at which the smell was coming from.

It seems to do it more in the colder weather, say below 35 degrees F.

Also wondering if anyone would know what would cause an occasional "clicking" sound within the engine.

Thanks again, just trying to figure out the little quirks.

Edited by 95champagnepath

• 1 month later...

hey 95champagnepath im also from mankato PM me i had a @!*%load of extra parts i also have the blower motor you probably need i just started to part out my old pathy. I got a new one! Me and afew buddies have gone wheeling in the snow the past week you should come next time!

hey 95champagnepath im also from mankato PM me i had a @!*%load of extra parts i also have the blower motor you probably need i just started to part out my old pathy. I got a new one! Me and afew buddies have gone wheeling in the snow the past week you should come next time!

No way?? For sure man. I think I may have fixed it cause it doesn't make as loud of a noise now.