"Alcoholic"

silverlion

i have a buddy in the mortgage biz....

if you go to his work place at 6am, you might find him sitting in his car, already drinking hard alcohol at 6AM. by himself.

but he is good at what he does and he still breaks bread. He has trouble selling when he is sober.

alcoholic or no?

Dependence is a fundamental clue.

i have a buddy in the mortgage biz....

if you go to his work place at 6am, you might find him sitting in his car, already drinking hard alcohol at 6AM. by himself.

but he is good at what he does and he still breaks bread. He has trouble selling when he is sober.

alcoholic or no?

"Functioning Alchoholic"

I had a forman kinda like that, only reason he worked, was so he could get off work and spend his check at the bar drinking. Every day, as soon as work was done, he drove to the bar, drank till he was lit and then drove home (he did not have a license from doing just that and still did it). Every morning he was at work when it was time to start. At lunch time, if it was available he was most likely taking a liquid lunch (especially if the other forman who always carried a cooler full was on the same job.

I don't really drink, I can name the times over a year on 1 hand. :lol:

No real reason either :shrug: Spose I just like to be different :D

Having said that I don't have a problem with those who do.

My stepfather drinks like a fish, But he's not violent :aok:

My oldest brother is TOTALLY against alcohol (Not even to cook with)

Though I think he had some mates die at high school or something.

AA is bull@!*%. Had to go to some meetings when I got into a little scuffle in the Navy... Go figure.

Is the family a bunch of T-total’ers or what?

I agree w/ the perspective comment. If I drank around my father's family like I do w/ my mother's, they would surely think I'm sick (Portuguese Catholics, able to make the Irish blush).

Then again, my mom's family thinks my dad's clan is a bunch of pot-smoking hippies... Not that they're wrong.

If you can stretch a 12 pack over a week-end, it's a pretty safe bet that you're fine.

Don't let them mess w/ your head.

Edited by crazyhayseed