Door hinges worn ?

prginocx

your door may have sagged a little over time. if you lift up on the open door and it wobbles than it may be the pin if its firm than losten the hinge blots shift the door upward and re-tighttnen. you can also losten latch on the doorframe and ajust it so that the door catches more smoothly. IIRC there may already be a writeup on it here.

To be honest I don't think you have to go to the dealer. Autozone or partsource should have them.

On a side note, are you the same prginocx who commented on that womans horrible pathfinder review on Epinion? Man that woman was DUMB

Oops grimgreg got here before me

Edited by redfinder

Be prepared to rig up some good support/bracing to hold the doors. JJ Big Shoe replaced the pins/bushings, stated it was a PITA, partially due to the weight of the doors and it was something he would have the stealership do next time IIRC.

B

Did em in my 91 Hardbody once, PITA rigging the door as said, my 93 Hardbody had the same issue, was able to adjust the hinges to make it work fine. 10mm wrench and a freind, was much easier.

Be prepared to rig up some good support/bracing to hold the doors. JJ Big Shoe replaced the pins/bushings, stated it was a PITA, partially due to the weight of the doors and it was something he would have the stealership do next time IIRC.

B

In addition to JJ, 88pathoffroad and I have also changed the pins, and we all agree that it was a PITA ;)

In addition to JJ, 88pathoffroad and I have also changed the pins, and we all agree that it was a PITA ;)

Hmm I got the other set of hinge pins from lgranch, and was going to do this, but I guess I'll have it done lol

In addition to JJ, 88pathoffroad and I have also changed the pins, and we all agree that it was a PITA

Sheesh, I can't remember everything/everyone!!! :D

With the right drift it isn't to bad, I just used a jack stand and a ratchet strap to hold the door.

You have to remember GG, unlike you, we are all just foolish mortals... ;)

B

With the right drift it isn't to bad, I just used a jack stand and a ratchet strap to hold the door.

Yeah that first one I had ever done and now I have the pins to do the right hand door. But since I have done one, the second one will be much easier.

You have to remember GG, unlike you, we are all just foolish mortals... ;)

B

At least you are aware of your flaws..... :tongue:

Really, it's not hard, support the botom of the door with a jack stand (about 2-3 inches below door, more a saftey catch than support) and roll down the window and ratchet strap the top of the door off to a tree limb or the roof rack, etc. Knock the bushings out with the drift and a hammer, tap the new ones in, repin, clip and done.

At least you are aware of your flaws..... :tongue:

Really, it's not hard, support the botom of the door with a jack stand (about 2-3 inches below door, more a saftey catch than support) and roll down the window and ratchet strap the top of the door off to a tree limb or the roof rack, etc. Knock the bushings out with the drift and a hammer, tap the new ones in, repin, clip and done.

Funny story for you guys:

I was helping my bro do the doors on his '93 Chevy dually, same issue needed pins and bushings. During the R-Hand door job, his GF's cat clawed his ankle, and the door fell off the " safety support " and smashed the mirror, in addition to tearing all the electric lock/window/speaker/mirror wiring apart.

That was six years ago, and she is now his ex...

P.S. I was the same reviewer on epinions. I'm a bit short with people who have the entitlement mentality our legal system breeds....Once you start travelling to some other countries and get some experience with how their system works, you realize stuff like " whiplash ", and that lady getting $4 million for spilt coffee is crap. So is people speeding in a high ground clearance boxy vehicle, then filing suit against Nissan 'cause they can't corner like it was a beemer...total crap. It is the exact same reason 3 wheel ATCs are banned, but the accident rate for ATVs continues to climb, and the people who filed suit for ATC accidents already cashed the big check.

P.S. I was the same reviewer on epinions. I'm a bit short with people who have the entitlement mentality our legal system breeds....Once you start travelling to some other countries and get some experience with how their system works, you realize stuff like " whiplash ", and that lady getting $4 million for spilt coffee is crap. So is people speeding in a high ground clearance boxy vehicle, then filing suit against Nissan 'cause they can't corner like it was a beemer...total crap. It is the exact same reason 3 wheel ATCs are banned, but the accident rate for ATVs continues to climb, and the people who filed suit for ATC accidents already cashed the big check.

That woman's sister was an r-tard. You don't swerve on the freeway to avoid a TIRE.