Ladies - sound off on McCain's VP choice

mws

Hopefully this won't digress into political disaster... but I am questioning the Republican Party's decision. It is clear they are hoping to capitalize on the perceived Obama/Clinton division in the Democratic party and try to win over some female votes. But it seems to me they would be losing more sexist a-hole votes than they would gain female votes.... I did my own poll among my female friends, and even the most ardent Clinton supporters would still NEVER vote Republican regardless of who he has on the ticket for VP. I even asked "What if it was Hillary?" They still said no.

What say our ladies? Will this decision change your vote?

Yes, you non-American's can sound off as well! Please disregard Bush and his actions, most of us do still respect you and your opinions!

Edited by mws

Hopefully this won't digress into political disaster... but I am questioning the Republican Party's decision. It is clear they are hoping to capitalize on the perceived Obama/Clinton division in the Democratic party and try to win over some female votes. But it seems to me they would be losing more sexist a-hole votes than they would gain female votes.... I did my own poll among my female friends, and even the most ardent Clinton supporters would still NEVER vote Republican regardless of who he has on the ticket for VP. I even asked "What if it was Hillary?" They still said no.

You might want to see this - from Hillary's supporters themselves.

http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/discuss...ead.php?t=26179

Oh, and I don't really care about non-American opinions. If left to their own devices, they start world wars all on their own - proven twice in a row in the past century. Compared to that, we're pretty good, even if you think Bush is the antiChrist and the source of all bad things - because the "non-Americans" seem to do genocide and mass murder pretty well. I think the Jews would agree.

Edited by GhostPath

I think the Jews would agree.

I'm sure they still do in Israel too (not just Holocaust survivors). Christ if they didn't own like 17% of the worlds nulcear warheads & reactors the Iranians & Palestinians would've wiped them off of the face of the earth already. Keep up the good fight Israel!...

Back to the topic...

Oh, and I don't really care about non-American opinions. If left to their own devices, they start world wars all on their own - proven twice in a row in the past century. Compared to that, we're pretty good, even if you think Bush is the antiChrist and the source of all bad things - because the "non-Americans" seem to do genocide and mass murder pretty well. I think the Jews would agree.

that shows how dumb many americans are. who is starting wars as of late? are you freaking forgetting USA is the hooligan of the world right now? wtf???

that link also shows how un-educated most voters are in this country. it's insane to vote for mac just because he's picked a skirt as his VP. i only see more bad times ahead for america.

I'm sure they still do in Israel too (not just Holocaust survivors). Christ if they didn't own like 17% of the worlds nulcear warheads & reactors the Iranians & Palestinians would've wiped them off of the face of the earth already. Keep up the good fight Israel!...

Back to the topic...

eff them

that shows how dumb many americans are. who is starting wars as of late? are you freaking forgetting USA is the hooligan of the world right now? wtf???

that link also shows how un-educated most voters are in this country. it's insane to vote for mac just because he's picked a skirt as his VP. i only see more bad times ahead for america.

I agree with what MZ is saying about uneducated voters. I can relate because I feel like one of them. I just want what is best for this country but I have not done any research of any candidates so my vote would really be just a shot in the dark. I have some friends who think I am stupid for not voting but I try to explain to them that A: I hate politics B: I hate politics and C: I am uneducated on all of the candidates and what they stand for or what not. Sure I could have done my research while here at work so I could vote and be proud of it but I did not. If I did not feel as strongly about not voting for the right reasons I would be like millions of other people out there and probably just vote for the skirt because she is kinda hot. Take it how you want to I really dont care.

First off, I agree with you on item A & B.

I am uneducated on all of the candidates and what they stand for or what not.

Well, you see, that doesn't really matter because what is said before the election and what is said and done after the election rarely agree. Then there is the whole 'your vote counts' crap. Actually, it doesn't necessarily. For example, if you are a democrat and live in Utah and vote, you have just done your fellow countryman a disservice. By wasting gas and adding to traffic congestion because your vote doesn't mean a damn thing due to the whole electorial college BS!! The whole system is archaic and manipulated. Bush won Florida by 40,000 votes after 2 weeks of counting 'chads' my ass!! Until popular vote is the only metric in deciding the winner, your vote means squat.

As for the 2 parties, Democans and Republicrats, can we have another choice?? Please?? I'd prefer the D's over the R's please (The R's destroy everything too fast), but I'm not happy with them either.

As for Palin or whoever, she is an obvious plug for the female vote and will be totally ignored once in office if that's what happens. Hopefully not and enough people recoginze the ploy for what it is.

B

First off, I agree with you on item A & B.

Well, you see, that doesn't really matter because what is said before the election and what is said and done after the election rarely agree. Then there is the whole 'your vote counts' crap. Actually, it doesn't necessarily. For example, if you are a democrat and live in Utah and vote, you have just done your fellow countryman a disservice. By wasting gas and adding to traffic congestion because your vote doesn't mean a damn thing due to the whole electorial college BS!! The whole system is archaic and manipulated. Bush won Florida by 40,000 votes after 2 weeks of counting 'chads' my ass!! Until popular vote is the only metric in deciding the winner, your vote means squat.

As for the 2 parties, Democans and Republicrats, can we have another choice?? Please?? I'd prefer the D's over the R's please (The R's destroy everything too fast), but I'm not happy with them either.

As for Palin or whoever, she is an obvious plug for the female vote and will be totally ignored once in office if that's what happens. Hopefully not and enough people recoginze the ploy for what it is.

B

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendment12/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelfth_Amend...es_Constitution

Oh, and I don't really care about non-American opinions.

Well, you're gonna get 1 anyway. And from a dumb Canuck to boot.

This election is all about breaking new political ground. Blacks, women... you know. We keep hearing about change and new directions. I think the candidates will go to great lengths to stress just how fresh their campaign or party can be. Why? Because the American people are more than ready for it. When you have just endured 8 years of the worst administration ever, it kinda sorta tends ta open you up to new ideas.

Not so long ago, I remember feeling that the sooner Canada became the 51st state, the better. My reasons for feeling this way were many....leniency with criminals, weak dollar, unaccountable governments, enduring "language and distinct society" referendums$, an excessive and unfair tax burden$$, crumbling infrastructure and military$$$, and Mulroney$$$$! I no longer feel that way. No disrespect intended, but the US seems in big trouble to me. Not that Canada has cleaned up it's yard but America seems to have fallen so far, so fast. That will be Dubya's legacy.

I will say that I don't remember seeing 2 more genuine and innately human candidates in the same election. Seriously...that's the way I see it. Hopefully, I'm right and 1 of these guys will let your stars shine again. :beer:

Edited by daftpup