Removing Front Wiper Arms

csutke

So I have decided that I have a leak in the sealant around my Windshield. Everytime I get up to highway speeds or close to it it starts to drive me crazy. When I went looking for the leak I found that the plastic peice under the wiper that covers the cowl had started to warp or has been permanetly warped. I took to black RTV to try and fill the gap between the plastic and the cowl and it helped a little but its still not fixed. So im guessing that the leak is in the seal around the windshield and under the plastic cowl cover. What I need to know is how to remove the wiper arms and how to get the plastic cowl cover off so I can look at the seal around the windshield and try and fill any gaps that may be there.

No it isnt the orignal windshield and no I dont know who replaced it. I have looked through the FSM and theres no instruction on how to remove the arms or the plastic cowl cover. It was like this when my wife bought it woth out me seeing it. If I had been part of the purchasing I would have had the dealer take care of it then. I dont think it makes any difference but I have an 04 R50.

Edited by csutke

hey bud, on most cars, theres a lil plastic pop off cap at the base of the wiper, under there will be a nut, undo the nut and bounce your hand on the wiper join till it comes loose. Lemme know if that worked bud

Cheers

Yes there is a warranty that we purchased, but it has a $100 deductable and Im pretty sure that I can fix it my self for cheaper than that, and currently im about 150-200 miles from the closet Nissan Dealer.

hey bud, on most cars, theres a lil plastic pop off cap at the base of the wiper, under there will be a nut, undo the nut and bounce your hand on the wiper join till it comes loose. Lemme know if that worked bud

Cheers

Duh, i should have know to check that. Well I go the cap off and the bolt off but no-go on the arm. Any ideas? And then once i get the arm off any ideas bout how to get the cowl grille off?

the arm will take a little pulling (use a gear puller if you have one) They are on pretty tight to the splines.

there should eb info in the FSM for taking that crap apart

Edited by k9sar

the arm will take a little pulling (use a gear puller if you have one) They are on pretty tight to the splines.

there should eb info in the FSM for taking that crap apart

Do you know under what section it would be in the FSM?

I guess you missed the little word after wiper? ARM :stickwack:

NOPE. I DIDN'T MISS ANYTHING.. THAT'S HOW THE ARMS COME OFF.. I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT THE BLADES BUT THEY WORK THE SAME WAY. OR MAYBE I'M OFF AND THINKING OF ANOTHER VEHICLE.

PARDON ME MZ?? I CANT HEAR OVER ALL THE SCREAMING!??

um... where was I?

Issac, mine showed how to remove the cowl... I can send you that page if you want (pm me an addy) I didnt find info on removing the wiper... (but I didnt look that hard I will admit!)