4x4parts.com bl

g204life

So I ordered the BL from 4x4 .com, does it not come with the back bumper relocate? (95 pathy) I just figured out I need the radiator relocate. What is the major difference between the 95 BL and the older models BL?

nope the rear bumper canbe relocated using holes that are already there. the radiator relocator brackets are not necessarily needed. if you remove you lower fan shroud and do some work to the tubes you will be fine.

I think GG is right because afaik the bumpers from 87-92 are the same, then they put the more rounded bumpers from 93-95. I was working on an 88 that had been sitting for 3 years, and noticed the mounts were different. Damn those bolts were rusty.

I think GG is right because afaik the bumpers from 87-92 are the same, then they put the more rounded bumpers from 93-95. I was working on an 88 that had been sitting for 3 years, and noticed the mounts were different. Damn those bolts were rusty.

Bumper mounts on the frame are the same on all years.

Thank's guys for all the input. Here is my next question the power steering is a pain in the ass to remount. Any advise on how or where to put it? Any pictures of what people have done would be great.

I picked up some new hoses for the PS reservoir so that it would not have to be relocated at all :aok:

Spent under $50 on new longer lines, but that included new Oil Filter Relocation Kit lines as well... which were the majority of that cost.

I just slid mine down the inner fender wall, and reattached it. Took me about 10 minutes, and $0.10 worth of self tapping screws.

On my friends we swapped in new hoses rather than use the extentions they send. The gas fill tube especially is worth just getting a new one. Power steering is cool either way, I left mine in place for the 2" lift, but relocated the hard lines on the frame up an inch and was fine. On the 2 and 3 inch the fuel filter was as easy as flipping the mount for it upside down. With the brake lines on the firewall, just pry apart the coiled part on the passenger side as you lift it. The AC line on the firewall can stay, but check where it comes past the master cylinder to see it doesn't rub after the lift. If you are using the radiator drop then you'll have to cut the stock lower mount out in order to put the drop bracket on, if not using the drop kit you need to remove and trim down the lower radiator hose and rotate the upper to eliminate any kinking as well as remove the lower section of the fan shroud....

Bunch of little things, just post up if you hit any snags and we'll get you through them. BTW PB Blaster the hell outa any bolt you are gonna remove, starting now and repeat twice a day till you do the BL :aok: .

The AC line on the firewall can stay, but check where it comes past the master cylinder to see it doesn't rub after the lift.

All good information, though a definite X2 on this point. I had to replace that pipe because of that issue exactly.

It won't slip right out. Just loosen the bolt on it, to allow the smaller part to slide out of the larger part where it's splined. Watch that it's sliding out properly as you lift. Once the lift is in, tighten up the nut. That's it.