So I rolled my Pathfinder

StatutoryApe

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call! Water misters can be very comforting as well. We have them running across the main door of my garage with an exhaust fan blowing out the top of the eaves. It will drop the garage temps by about 10-15 degrees. Of course, then the humidity gets to be nasty, but by going back and forth, overall comfort is improved. In mist until wet, then out of mist area. Once clothes and skin dry, back in mist.

yeah, i also plan on buying misters and a bigass fan. hopefully i'll feel up for working on it tomorrow.

This weekend is looking relatively balmy! Forecast for tomorrow is only 99.... I plan to get a lot of wiring projects done on my truck. Maybe even start on stereo...

so i gutted most of the interior on both pathies today. it was a damn nice day to work on them too, at least compared to other recent days. here b the pix.

i'm gonna put the links again cuz i think they're wayyyy to big to put on the board here. and the last pic is a pic of the back speakers in the black one. they're some crazy lookin speakers. hopefully they're loud!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/ch620/P7110119.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/ch620/P7110120.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/ch620/P7110121.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/ch620/P7110122.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/ch620/P7110123.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/ch620/P7110124.jpg

damn that looks like the fans at freightliner...they had them on the shop floor they were like 20' in diameter and turned at like 5 RPM but moved a crapload of CFMs...

dude you're having too much fun...I hope to be doing the same (scaled down) soon...if you're pulling the bodies and swapping them...go ahead and start spraying them down with PB...

so far i haven't run into a bolt that's been too hard to take off w/o any PB. i will, however, have to wash out the inside of the black one. it smells like rats. it used to be in a field for, i think, 3 years before i got it.:sly:

i was lucky today to have 2 of my friends help me out. they actually did most of the work. i was just the brains of the operation, since it's my truck and i know exactly what i want done. plus i'm pretty good at barkin orders.

and what're you doin with your finder, uncc?

I'm probably going to bring my 95 out here to ca and rip out all of my 87 stuff (currently 94 emissions but I have some issues somewhere that havent been resolved) so I'll swap everything between those 2 except for the interior panels since the 95 wont work on the 87...

Plus stripping trucks is fun (IIRC I did that 94 in about 14hrs total (which included cutting up the chassis and body) but I wont be hacking this time with the sawsall b/c I will make an attempt to sale the body/chassis since there will be enough there to have a working car except for a transmission...

so do you guys think it'd be best to pull all the wiring harnesses through the cab into the engine compartment or through the engine compartment and into the cab?

i'm thinkin it'd be best to pull them through the cab and into the engine compartment, that way my wires that the truck came with stay with the engine and stuff, rather than using the wires from inside the black one's body.

i'm thinkin it'd be best to pull them through the cab and into the engine compartment, that way my wires that the truck came with stay with the engine and stuff, rather than using the wires from inside the black one's body.

I haven't done this work, but I agree on principal...

B

pull from the engine compartment into the cab...pop the rubber boots out on the inside and outside of the cab (the inside towards the inside and the one in the engine bay towards the inside of the cab...go ahead and remove both fenders...

Your going to want to go ahead and get the dash out and drop out the blower motor...I dont have nay close ups but 2 wiring harnesses can fit through the stock holes...b/c I left my 87 harness in B4 pulling it when I did my upfit to the 94 b/c I watned to make sure it all worked B4 pulling the 87 harness

The wires laying all over the place are the 94...the 87s are still all in the stock locations: its kinda hard to see but you get the drift...

2050078_70_full.jpg

I would disconnect as many sub harnesses that I could to reduce the breakage of any wires...the engine harness should mostly separate and the same with the tranny harness and I think the main harness is in 2 sections IIRC

A rule of thumb I use is find the "Brains" and pull all the wires towards it b/c as you go away from the box you get more splits and if you start from a connector and pull towards it you won't be able to pull all of the breakouts that direction...kinda like trying to pull a fish hook out of your hand...don't pull against the barb just push it through...

Edited by unccpathfinder

pull from the engine compartment into the cab...pop the rubber boots out on the inside and outside of the cab (the inside towards the inside and the one in the engine bay towards the inside of the cab...go ahead and remove both fenders...

Your going to want to go ahead and get the dash out and drop out the blower motor...I dont have nay close ups but 2 wiring harnesses can fit through the stock holes...b/c I left my 87 harness in B4 pulling it when I did my upfit to the 94 b/c I watned to make sure it all worked B4 pulling the 87 harness

The wires laying all over the place are the 94...the 87s are still all in the stock locations: its kinda hard to see but you get the drift...

2050078_70_full.jpg

I would disconnect as many sub harnesses that I could to reduce the breakage of any wires...the engine harness should mostly separate and the same with the tranny harness and I think the main harness is in 2 sections IIRC

A rule of thumb I use is find the "Brains" and pull all the wires towards it b/c as you go away from the box you get more splits and if you start from a connector and pull towards it you won't be able to pull all of the breakouts that direction...kinda like trying to pull a fish hook out of your hand...don't pull against the barb just push it through...

dude, that advice helps a lot. that "brain" analogy works really well. i never thought of it that way. thanks, man.

BUT i'm still concerned about using the wiring harness from the black body cuz the black one has a manual trans. if i pull both wiring harnesses from the engine compartment into the cab, that means i'd have to use the black one's harness on the red one's frame/engine/tranny combo. i'm just worried about issues from the differences in vehicles.

I'm not sure I quite follow...you should be able to remove both harnesses completely (the trickiest part is rear hatch) and install the harness from your truck to the black body...I did put the 95 harness in the 87 and it pretty much had all the same clipping points

ohh, i didn't even think of completely removing the whole harness, i was just gonna leave it attached to the body. that's gonna be a biatch. oh well.

Edited by StatutoryApe