Another 3" BL Question

dagwoodzz

I plan to install lift Friday and Saturday, but running these parts against the parts list, I can't figure what they are called, much less for. I think they are the gas fill extension and brackets for P/Steering.

DSCN5345.jpg

Here is a photo of the parts list, hope it's legible.

DSCN5346.jpg

Thanks for the help. BTW, freight company called 32 BF's delivered today! :bounce:

Edited by dagwoodzz

Yep....Landshark's got ya. Personally, I cut out the safety hoop. I found that it just flexed too much, and made an irritating popping noise under my seat in turns.

Anyone up here that's done a BL on a WD21 has done the same.

Yep....Landshark's got ya. Personally, I cut out the safety hoop. I found that it just flexed too much, and made an irritating popping noise under my seat in turns.

Is that the popping I'm hearing? Its driving me crazy. I've tightened everything on the seat thinking that the seat was making noise, I've even been considering buying new seats because of it.

Is that the popping I'm hearing? Its driving me crazy. I've tightened everything on the seat thinking that the seat was making noise, I've even been considering buying new seats because of it.

Yessir. It drove me nuts too. I cut the bastard out.

I've been wondering what was getting ready to break under my seat,yet I could never find what was making that sound.

I didn't know it was so common, or at least, I thought folks knew what was causing it.

At any rate, cut it out, and you'll be much happier. :aok:

To be honest I never thought that this could be the problem. Figured it was something to do with the seat or something. That and I'd never heard anyone mention this before.

Live and learn! I figured it out when I looked at SkinnyPedal's rig, and saw his was gone, and he never had that issue.

i just never put mine back on after the bl installation :shrug:

Yeah I'm pretty excited about getting rid of that junk. Tired of that noise. Currently I've got my tire carrier rattling to hell and back, and now my sunroof is rattling. So the more noises I can get rid of the better.

I did the 3" BL, Calmini 3" SL, calmini steering, and a crapshoot of other things at one time.

trying to figure out the creaks and whats making noise on long trips. (did I do the bearings right or is that them burning up?-)

But it is a whole new monster off-road now!

I did the 3" BL, Calmini 3" SL, calmini steering, and a crapshoot of other things at one time.

trying to figure out the creaks and whats making noise on long trips. (did I do the bearings right or is that them burning up?-)

But it is a whole new monster off-road now!

Thats kinda where I'm at now. So much going on at one time, lol hard to blame on particular item. I'm going to use the brackets from the safety hoop for some ebrake line bracket extensions.

I thought the safety loop also added strength to the floor boards under the seat (at least thats what I was told) And by cutting it out do you mean unbolting it and not bolting it back up or doing some alteration and then bolting the altered loop back up?

Mark

Well, unbolt, then cut the hoop itself to get it out of the crossmember. You might be able to pull it out without cutting, but I found that way easier.

I don't think it does anything for the floorboards, other than weaken them due to the stresses caused when the body flexes.

Yeah I'm pretty excited about getting rid of that junk. Tired of that noise. Currently I've got my tire carrier rattling to hell and back, and now my sunroof is rattling. So the more noises I can get rid of the better.

Sunroof rattling? That's a new one. :blink::huh:

Sunroof rattling? That's a new one. :blink::huh:

Yeah between that and the tire carrier, lol. I get in my old ladies sentra and its so smooth and quiet compared to the shark. Not that I'd trade my truck for a car, but a nice change of pace every once in a while.

Yeah between that and the tire carrier, lol. I get in my old ladies sentra and its so smooth and quiet compared to the shark. Not that I'd trade my truck for a car, but a nice change of pace every once in a while.

Louder stereo fixes stuff easy!-)