Will your Pathy see any of your Tax Rebate Check?

dagwoodzz

Tax Rebate = Pathy Mods  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How much of your tax rebate will be spent to upgrade the Pathfinder?

• I will spend my entire rebate on upgrades
    • I will spend most of the rebate on upgrades
    • I will spend half of the rebate on upgrades
    • I will spend some of the rebate on upgrades
    • I will spend none of the rebate on upgrades
    • I might use it to do some repairs
    • Screw the Pathy it's getting invested

You dudes are funny!

We give the Jews 3 billion a year to build on Palestinian land (not a towel lover)

To get us deeper in a West/Islam war.

Jesus slayers get the REAL stimulus package!-)

lol Mike. I bet you're a riot to drink with. The way you word isht some times.

Holy Crap!!, GG Said sorry for one of his opinions!! :)

What is the world coming to.. GG getting soft in his years.

No, just trying to be opinionated without being an a$$hole about it.... :shrug:

But the amount that I got back does not nearly cover everything you have to buy for kids. Therefore this stimulus check is partly going to diapers, wipes, milk, food. Now think of it from the governments standpoint. They want you to use the stimulus check to stimulate the American Economy (which is in serious turmoil right now) So by giving people with kids more then they think that it will be put to use by buying american made products for the kids. While good in theory, most people will not use the money for this purpose anyway. Alot of people will buy things that will stimulate the economy in China, Tawain etc.

I hear what you say, and respect it. The problem is that, as you said, a lot of the $ WILL NOT go into our economy. Check to see how many diapers and baby wipes are made in the US... K9sar is going on a foreign vacation and even GG is giving his to Sony. Not saying they shouldn't, just pointing out a large bucket of fail for the plan on the whole. This is expected to cost $100+ BILLION dollars!!! $ that has already been exacted from me at a disproportional rate and is now being returned at another disproportional rate. Why isn't the amount of $ refunded based on a taxed income or taxes PAID percentage? Because it isn't for the economy ($100 billion will fix things? No changes in spending or imperative legislation? While the gas companies make 10 billion a QUARTER in profit?? Please!!) It is to buy votes.

Much of the country ain't none too bright, nope, no sir! All too many of them will only remember that we whooped those Iraqi towel heads that took out the world trade center, their company/jobs did well due to government contracts and that the nice GW Bush gave them $1800 of the $5000 they paid in federal taxes back. No mind of the tanking dollar due to irresponsible spending that put us all where we are now. Odds are, they feel good about republicans...

I, on the other hand, am better informed (because I try), have a longer memory and am not too excited about getting back $600 of the $10,000 that was taken, especially when it's just given to someone else. It is a known statistical fact that the more educated, more affluent and more inteligent one is, the less likely one is to have a low paying job/partake of any government assistance, have many children or vote republican. So, who benefits from the stimulus package? It isn't my vote they are trying to influence; they know they can't get it with some lame arse snow job like this. It's the Joe Sixpack... Remember him? Who called the average american guy that? Yes, that IS a memory test!!!

Oh, about the 'breeder' part. My use of the term breeder means one who has children regardless of emotional(they haven't growed up themselves), social(daddy/mommy is incarcerated/drug addict/not present), or ecomonic reasons (can't support the child) but is ok with other people having to pay/be responsible for them. If you can't handle all the aspects of parenthood, don't have kids!! There are always some unfortunate circumstances/cases but thats not what I'm talking about. I'm with GG on this all the way.

If the smart folks would out-produce the idiots, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Absolutely, but see above for the reasons. Idiocracy says it much better than I can...

I will not have any children until I am in a really good position financially. I would not like to watch my children go without. Hence I am 35 years old and have no kids.

Thank you. I'm in the same boat, over on the starboard rail, waving...

Holy Crap!!, GG Said sorry for one of his opinions!!

Please excuse him, he must have been drinking... ;)

B

B

Codeine :aok:

As for Sony getting my $$$$, half my friend's family in San Diego works for Sony. I'm sure a good portion of my purchase will be going into American pockets in the end by buying a Sony product. Just like buying a Nissan Frontier puts money in the pockets of plant workers in TN.

Edited by GrimGreg

I hear what you say, and respect it. The problem is that, as you said, a lot of the $ WILL NOT go into our economy. Check to see how many diapers and baby wipes are made in the US... K9sar is going on a foreign vacation and even GG is giving his to Sony. Not saying they shouldn't, just pointing out a large bucket of fail for the plan on the whole. This is expected to cost $100+ BILLION dollars!!! $ that has already been exacted from me at a disproportional rate and is now being returned at another disproportional rate. Why isn't the amount of $ refunded based on a taxed income or taxes PAID percentage? Because it isn't for the economy ($100 billion will fix things? No changes in spending or imperative legislation? While the gas companies make 10 billion a QUARTER in profit?? Please!!) It is to buy votes.

Much of the country ain't none too bright, nope, no sir! All too many of them will only remember that we whooped those Iraqi towel heads that took out the world trade center, their company/jobs did well due to government contracts and that the nice GW Bush gave them $1800 of the $5000 they paid in federal taxes back. No mind of the tanking dollar due to irresponsible spending that put us all where we are now. Odds are, they feel good about republicans...

I, on the other hand, am better informed (because I try), have a longer memory and am not too excited about getting back $600 of the $10,000 that was taken, especially when it's just given to someone else. It is a known statistical fact that the more educated, more affluent and more inteligent one is, the less likely one is to have a low paying job/partake of any government assistance, have many children or vote republican. So, who benefits from the stimulus package? It isn't my vote they are trying to influence; they know they can't get it with some lame arse snow job like this. It's the Joe Sixpack... Remember him? Who called the average american guy that? Yes, that IS a memory test!!!

Oh, about the 'breeder' part. My use of the term breeder means one who has children regardless of emotional(they haven't growed up themselves), social(daddy/mommy is incarcerated/drug addict/not present), or ecomonic reasons (can't support the child) but is ok with other people having to pay/be responsible for them. If you can't handle all the aspects of parenthood, don't have kids!! There are always some unfortunate circumstances/cases but thats not what I'm talking about. I'm with GG on this all the way.

Absolutely, but see above for the reasons. Idiocracy says it much better than I can...

Thank you. I'm in the same boat, over on the starboard rail, waving...

B

I see you point completely. And yes this "stimulus" idea may be completely idiotic simply because I'd be willing to say less than half will actually stimulate the economy. I believe this idea was kind of a last hope to do something for the economy before we get into a serious depression. In case people have not noticed it is not working. The value of the dollar has gone to crap. We are just starting to see the effects. Food, Gas on normal everyday goods are going up in price. The housing market is taking a serious hit in ALOT of places. I do appreciate you explaining the "breeder" comment and I am happy to say I nor my family fit that criteria at all.

So what, you think you deserve more for causing a larger burden on society? If you can't afford to buy those things for a child you shouldn't have made the damn thing! I think our Tax laws are backwards, you should pay more for dependants, not get a break.

Sorry, if I'm harsh, but I'm disgusted with having to pay what amounts to extra taxes so that some crack whore can get more $$$ back for more crack.

Did I say I deserve more? Nope. I never asked for more on my stimulus check. It is just a bonus that I am not going to turn down. I can afford to buy everything my family needs and more. I bust my ass so that my wife can stay home with my children. There is no need to be so negative about society as a whole and thinking the children of the future are a burden. Look up this topic when you have kids before judging someone who does. I too always told myself that I would wait until I am financially ahead before I had kids. That's pointless, I did not want to have kids when I was 35 +. I wanted them young so we could grow as a family. Deciding to go ahead and have kids early gave me even more motivation to get a job that I can support my family with. I dont think it's too harsh, it's simply your opinion Grim. Nothing wrong with that but don't judge me.

Edited by zonianbrat

Well I am a "breeder" I guess, and yes I claimed one of my kids (other was just born in the beginning of April) on my tax return. But the amount that I got back does not nearly cover everything you have to buy for kids. Therefore this stimulus check is partly going to diapers, wipes, milk, food. Now think of it from the governments standpoint. They want you to use the stimulus check to stimulate the American Economy (which is in serious turmoil right now) So by giving people with kids more then they think that it will be put to use by buying american made products for the kids. While good in theory, most people will not use the money for this purpose anyway. Alot of people will buy things that will stimulate the economy in China, Tawain etc.

Did I say I deserve more? Nope. I never asked for more on my stimulus check. It is just a bonus that I am not going to turn down. I can afford to buy everything my family needs and more. I bust my ass so that my wife can stay home with my children. There is no need to be so negative about society as a whole and thinking the children of the future are a burden. Look up this topic when you have kids before judging someone who does. I too always told myself that I would wait until I am financially ahead before I had kids. That's pointless, I did not want to have kids when I was 35 +. I wanted them young so we could grow as a family. Deciding to go ahead and have kids early gave me even more motivation to get a job that I can support my family with. I dont think it's too harsh, it's simply your opinion Grim. Nothing wrong with that but don't judge me.

I didn't say that you said you deserve more, it just seems to be our governments stand on things, which is flawed. No, you have no choice in what amount you "get back", but there shouldn't be extra $$$ for you because you chose to breed. The reason I "judged" you was for what I bolded out in your original comment there, it implied that you could not afford those things and that you need the government check for those things, I didn't just blindly go off because you are a parent.

As for society, I'll continue to be negative about it as long as it stays the way it is. All of the troubles are because of greed. No one can afford things, because people have an over inflated worth attached to things. The housing market needed to tank, more so then it has, most all houses are probably still overvaluated by at least 25%, but people won't lower the price to where it will actually sell. Gas prices are so high because rather than there being competition between oil companies, they are in league with one another and drive up the cost as high as they like to fill their pockets. Lets go full circle here, children...what is the global population, and which direction is it going? My comments about breeding aren't just about the ignorant, but as a whole there are too many people producing too many more people, and all those people are straining the resources available to us....

I'm done spewing for now.

I didn't say that you said you deserve more, it just seems to be our governments stand on things, which is flawed. No, you have no choice in what amount you "get back", but there shouldn't be extra $$$ for you because you chose to breed. The reason I "judged" you was for what I bolded out in your original comment there, it implied that you could not afford those things and that you need the government check for those things, I didn't just blindly go off because you are a parent.

As for society, I'll continue to be negative about it as long as it stays the way it is. All of the troubles are because of greed. No one can afford things, because people have an over inflated worth attached to things. The housing market needed to tank, more so then it has, most all houses are probably still overvaluated by at least 25%, but people won't lower the price to where it will actually sell. Gas prices are so high because rather than there being competition between oil companies, they are in league with one another and drive up the cost as high as they like to fill their pockets. Lets go full circle here, children...what is the global population, and which direction is it going? My comments about breeding aren't just about the ignorant, but as a whole there are too many people producing too many more people, and all those people are straining the resources available to us....

I'm done spewing for now.

I see validity in some of your points, especially the ones about the oil companies. Yet I work for them. One reason being I know the oil industry will not be affected very much by the upcoming recession. As far as what you bolded in my quote. I did not say I could not afford those things. Simply that I was going to use part of my stimulus check towards them. Along with alot of other things. I took my check and put half in savings and put the other half into the checking acct. We have to buy diapers alot so I was implying that since I put half in there I am sure at some point some of that will go to buy diapers,wipes,milk,toys, etc. Sorry if it came off sounding like I could not afford these things. It was not my intention. I'm also sorry to hear about your view on the population. Because it is not going to stop but only get worse. China and India are re-producing at an exponential rate so what do we do? Population Control? Limit how many kids a household can have? Kinda makes the whole idea of Aids being invented for population control. I still dont believe it though.

Nature will eventually find a way, if we don't. Like you said, "AIDS", and other diseases are out there.

You hate to say it but what do you think Katrina was for? Or the tsunami a couple years ago? The problem is that it is unhumane to realize that the planet is becoming overcrowded, and we are doing our best to keep nature from her population control. Its hard to say that we should kill a bunch of humans but we are slowly suffocating the planet :puterpunch:

I believe this idea was kind of a last hope to do something for the economy before we get into a serious depression. In case people have not noticed it is not working. The value of the dollar has gone to crap. We are just starting to see the effects.

I understand what you are saying, but...

Gross national product 2006=11,059.3 billion

Sorry for the old # but it's good enough. So, by adding ALL of the proposed $100+ billion to the $11,059 billion economy is going to fix it like my peeing in New York water supply is going to increase water pressure?!? 1% !?!

It's a sad joke, and can only have value for publicity, political gain, or some such antics. The reason we are arguably in a recession, perhaps headed to a depression is that we have the largest national debt ever. Only surpassing Regan, who held the record then... The current administration has sold the american value to the rest of the world to further its goals, at the expense of the citizens. If there is some grand, long term plan, I was not asked, informed, or much less comprehend what it could be. Anyone have any idea?

B

Sorry for the old # but it's good enough. So, by adding ALL of the proposed $100+ billion to the $11,059 billion economy is going to fix it like my peeing in New York water supply is going to increase water pressure?!? 1% !?!

It's a sad joke, and can only have value for publicity, political gain, or some such antics. The reason we are arguably in a recession, perhaps headed to a depression is that we have the largest national debt ever. Only surpassing Regan, who held the record then... The current administration has sold the american value to the rest of the world to further its goals, at the expense of the citizens. If there is some grand, long term plan, I was not asked, informed, or much less comprehend what it could be. Anyone have any idea?

B

world domination.

B

Gotta start somewhere I guess. Our national debt is ridiculous and we will probably never get out of it. I ofcourse do not know the whole story but this dam war we are in is costing billions, our space program costs billions, our foriegn aid is declining but still costs a bundle. How can we possibly stop this in these digital times where technology is growing by leaps and bounds. In order for us to stay the superpower that we are we have to continue to personify ourselves as the best. Which in turn will keep costing us $$

Some Of it is going towards new wheels (soon) and the rest is being saved for a 3.5L stroker (a bit later)

Lol, this thread is turning in to some huge topic about the world is this, and the world is that, and the american economy, and blah blah blah. And then randomly you get a post like this from My1path about what he's actually spending the money on. Just found it funny for some reason. Probably lack of coffee.

I'm going to put the money in savings with the rest for down payment on house.