Will these wheels fit my Pathy?

jyeager

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...rt=USW-84-5760L

Will these rims fit my stock '97 Pathfinder? I plan to mount 31x10.50R15 tires on them.

My truck has no lift.

Is this the right rim (backspace, bolt pattern, size)?

Will that size tire fit well?

Will the tire/rim combo rub or interfere anywhere with my stock suspension?

Is there a better deal anywhere on black steel rims?

Thanks for your help.

they should fit but i would recommond getting a 15x8 casue of the size of the tire and a 4" BS instead as they wont stick out as far, and you have have to do some trimming of the plastic in the front wheel wells

Edited by csutke

and yes the bolt pattern is 6x5.5 and i would recommend checking out local 4x4 forums and craigslist to see if anybody has used wheels. I got my old one's for $50 total for all four. FYI toyota and older chevy's will also fit

I have these same wheels, but in 15" x 8" with 4.00" backspacing, and I think they fit perfectly on my '98 SE with the OME lift and 3/4" strut spacers (no rubbing at all). I bought them from Summit Racing also, for around $45 each about a year ago. Part Number is USW-84-5860L. I am pretty sure they will fit a stock Pathy, but you will definetly have some rubbing up front with 31" tires.

Here is a couple of pictures with 31x10.5 BFGs:

Rear:

IMG_2262.jpg

Side (with no rear bumper, hence the extra rear lift):

IMG_2103Small.jpg

Another side shot (with rear bumper):

IMG_2260.jpg

Edited by arcano

I agree to go with the 15x8 but you can go with 3.75 BS. Thats what I had & didn't have to trim with only a 31x10.5 tire (granted I later cut off about half or maybe about a thrid of my front bumper but it wasn't b/c of rubbing issues).

it depends on how much you want to the tire to stick out, and how far it can stick out leagally cause i know that they're are some places that have laws stating how far the tires can stick out.

Heres what 31x10.5x15 on 15x8 w/ 4" BS looks like up close:

100_1404.jpg

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w5/icdubois/tires/

• Like 1

So 15x8 with 4" backspacing will rub a little, but 3.75" backspacing won't rub...just stick out an extra quarter inch? I don't mind it sticking out further and would love to put on fender flares anyway (for the legality).

So were those wheels available in those backspacings.... I'll look.

Arcano, I want mine to look like yours! (mine is even white). Is that an entire bumper, or just a brushguard on the front? Where can I get one, and where can I get the rear bumper?

Thanks all for your help...especially posting pics.

So 15x8 with 4" backspacing will rub a little, but 3.75" backspacing won't rub

I don't personally know about the 4"BS but I ran 3.75" BS with no rubbing issues before I cut up my bumper & fender wells.

Plus I have the bigass stock fender flares so I don't worry about them sticking out, but then again thats just my take on the matter.

Edited by Fukinitupagain

No you will not hit the strut with 4" BS, and you may have a little rub, mine only rubbed in reverse and over bumps, but not at full lock :shrug: so a little plastic trimming may be needed, but it all depends on the true size of the tire. Most 31's are not true 31".

Am i the only person whos gonna keep their stock rims? I like the ones that came with the SE and Dean said they are wide enough to fit the 31's

My stock rims are 6.5" (LE), what are yours? I was under the impression that I couldn't fit the tires I want on 6.5" rims.

LE rims are 6.5" wide, and will not fit 31" tires. SE rims are 7" wide, so they can fit 31" tires.

4" BS on an 8" wide rim will work just fine for up to 32" tires. (I have had 32x11.50R15 BFG AT mounted on 15x8 with 4" BS and 32x11.50R15 Goodyear MTR on 15x8 with 3.75" BS). Both combo's have worked out fine, with minor trimming. 31" tires will be even easier to fit.

Am i the only person whos gonna keep their stock rims? I like the ones that came with the SE and Dean said they are wide enough to fit the 31's

I ran 31's on my SE rims for a good long while with no problems as well

I have a set of ProComp #1079 in 16x8/4BS in the mail, and I'll be trying to run some 265/75R16 mud tires with my OME lift and 1" front spacers. A lot of the front plastic has alreay been trimmed, since I have the ARB Sahara. Will let you know if I run into any problems, though it may be a week or two until the rims get here... I think they are coming straight from ProComp in the US.

I really want some aftermarket fender flares.

I have a set of ProComp #1079 in 16x8/4BS in the mail, and I'll be trying to run some 265/75R16 mud tires with my OME lift and 1" front spacers. A lot of the front plastic has alreay been trimmed, since I have the ARB Sahara. Will let you know if I run into any problems, though it may be a week or two until the rims get here... I think they are coming straight from ProComp in the US.

I really want some aftermarket fender flares.

Give us some pics when they're on?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring back a dead thread but I need to make sure on something.

If I get 15x7 rims with a BS of 4.0" I can get any offset between 0mm and -19mm.

If I get 15x8 rims with a BS of 4" should I stay with 0mm offset? or can I go 0mm to -19mm.

These will be wrapped in 31x10.5 tires.

Thanks

Give us some pics when they're on?

The following are Flickr linked images... Not sure if they work for anyone or not.

Fender flares are needed with a 4" Backspacing if don't have factory flares.

2479177030_701b0bd9cc.jpg

265/75R16 looks big, but not silly big. Keep in mind I have 1" spacers up front.

2479177198_fb31f28f4e.jpg

Notice the front mud flaps were removed... I couldn't turn more than one wheel rotation without catching them. I hope something else will fit. I'm not cool with no mud flaps.

2479176954_9537bab8d7.jpg

Edited by Orangetang

The following are Flickr linked images... Not sure if they work for anyone or not.

Fender flares are needed with a 4" Backspacing if don't have factory flares.

2479177030_701b0bd9cc.jpg

265/75R16 looks big, but not silly big. Keep in mind I have 1" spacers up front.

2479177198_fb31f28f4e.jpg

Notice the front mud flaps were removed... I couldn't turn more than one wheel rotation without catching them. I hope something else will fit. I'm not cool with no mud flaps.

2479176954_9537bab8d7.jpg

Your truck looks really tough man. Pretty fine r50.

Thank you. All I need now is some rear recovery tow points and fender flares.

For those considering running a wheel with this little backspacing, there are some draw backs...

1) You're probably running this backspacing to run larger than 31" tires, that said, mudflaps need to come off, and plastic needs to be trimmed.

2) Without a fender flare, your tires extend past the fenders, throwing stones and mud up the side of your vehicle and at other motorists. This might be a concern for those not driving gravel roads, but I just spent 2 hours cleaning mud and sand out of the window tracks in my front doors. Not Cool! Mud in tracks/weather stripping = scratched windows.

3) Very limited selection of wheels in that configuration. Members here say that a 4.25" BS, which is very common, won't work, but I can't see it.

• 6 years later...

I know this is an older thread and i couldnt find an answer in the search. I have a 1998 Pathfinder im assuming its an SE, Chrome factory wheels, 5 speed 4x4. My question is will the factory rims allow for 31's with no lift or do i have to buy different rims? Thanks in advance.

What is the tire size posted in the door jamb? 235/70R15 or 265/70R15? If your wheels are chromed steel (not aluminum alloy) then they're 15x6.5" and too narrow to safely fit 31" tires. You should have at least 15x7 wheels. 15x8 or 16x8 wheels are better.

Unfortunately they are the 15x6.5s. So that being said im looking to go bigger/wider on the tires with these wheels mainly for looks as well as beach driving. What does that put my options as far as other tires sizes i can safely run?

So after seeing this thread and doing some research im thinking im going with the procomp simulock black wheels in 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing. No fender flares here so im wondering how much they will stick out. As for tires im looking at the Treadwright 31x10.50r15 Guard Dogs. I had them before on my Jeep and loved them so I think they will be great on the Pathfinder.