To those running roof rack lights

Kirk

Where did you bring the wiring through? I am adding 6 lights onto my roof rack (4 front, 2rear) and though of asking here before I drill away.

Run the wires along the roof rack back to the rear and down the rear hatch.

wires1.jpg

Click for more pics

LOL :tongue: I swear you should charge. You don't just give an answer, you provide friggin step by step instructions with pics. Hey Dean, how do i build a thermal nuclear reactor? Heating bill this winter is killing me LOL.

Thanks for the response eveyone. I will tackle this project this weekend and have several ideas on how to do it now.

My relays are under the hood, I've run the wires to the switches on the dash thru the clutch hole (I have an auto) in the firewall. I have the wires to the lights running up the a-arm, just under the rubber along the windshield.

Mine is ghetto-fab. It goes up the B-Pillar and out the door. I used flat-4 Trailer wiring connectors, velcro'd to the B-Pillar for the ability to have a quick-disconnect and not have wires exposed.

Photos are for the unimaginative. LOL.

I went with pretty much the same route as Dean but I put them all into little tubes (see pic 1) then ran it under my carpet & into a router under my dash (see pic 2) so that I don't fry any wires or blow any fuses plus I installed switches for them (see pic 3). The left switch controlls the front 4 lights & the right switch controlls the back light for all those f*cking people who get on my a$$!

Pic 1

IMG_0372.jpg

Pic 2

IMG_0373.jpg

Pic 3

IMG_0374.jpg

Dude, nice job with the mini-switches!

Thanks. My neighbor runs the car audio/installation at Circiut City so I had, uh, barrow the switches & conectors for me (he said they had a tom of them layin around so he didn't care to swipe a couple for me). I wanted it to look very simple (even though it was a pain in the arse), like thats how my Pathy came, with mini switches.