Niss-ysler Titan

csutke

Anybody else heard of this?

Industry insiders say that Nissan is looking for a U.S. partner to help develop the next generation Nissan Titan to help keep development costs down. Nissan has reportedly been in talks with Chrysler over just such a deal ...

taken from April 08 fourwheeler

They more than likely are talking about the possibility of a cummins diesel in the Titan... if they do that, they will upgrade the drivetrain as well... that's a good thing folks.

Cummins Titan= another wannabe big rig=GAY

Corrected it for you.

Corrected it for you.

Thanks.. But it didn't need correction. Different strokes...

Bottom line, Full size pickups have one of the largest markets in America... The Titan is a young concept (only 4 years now), and through it's shortcomings Nissan is doing a pretty good job of selling them. A diesel will just broaden the appeal.

A cummins would enable an even larger towing capacity for the Titan, would give better gas mileage and hold the resale value a bit better... and "cummins" by now is a household name.

I have not purchased a full size yet only because there is nothing out there that overwhelmingly appeals to me... I think that the Titan is the best looking truck on the market, has a great interior, and well, it's a Nissan... all it needs is a better rear axle and a diesel.

You thinking that Full Size Pickups are "Gay" isn't going to stop Nissan from producing them, so there is no point in being ignorant and bashing something that doesn't appeal to you.

Edited by 87pathmaker

get an older dodge 2500 then. I think big trucks are useless unless you're some sort of contractor, big boat owner or farmer.

I am still baffled as to why Nissan doesn't bring their own diesel engines to the market. I mean Chrysler doesn't know anything about diesel so i don't think they're meeting about that. I think Nissan is looking to them for some pointers on how to make the truck cheaper to manufacture. I think they would be talking to cummins or caterpillar if they needed help designing a bigger diesel. Maybe sw or one of the other aussies and kiwis can let us know how the big diesels stack up against cummins. I would personally rather want one of these if they were available as opposed to that s****y titan. At least the sas is done for you already.

Edited by skrillaguerilla

You thinking that Full Size Pickups are "Gay" isn't going to stop Nissan from producing them, so there is no point in being ignorant and bashing something that doesn't appeal to you.

Who said anything about full size pickups being gay? i said cummins is. Its essentially a preference thing, i didnt mean it as seriously as your taking it. My family is Ford ppl, my dad had an 00 Powerstroke F250 (b4 they downsized it and had all kinds of problems) and he now has an 03 Excursion with the V10. I enjoy nothing more then driving a big truck, Ive just never seen the appeal of the Dodges, and I wish nissan wouldnt make that mistake.

:rant2:

I honestly think the Titan is the best looking too, GM is going way to carlike with the look, and the ram and f series are just not doing it for me. Kind of off topic, but did anyone read the motor trend truck of the year thing? They criticized the Ford for having too much open space in the wheel well, which really pissed me off because 1. thats the way a truck is supposed to look and 2. it leaves room for larger tires and more suspension flex while off roading, which is a potential use for a lot of truck buyers. They awarded it to the tundra for bringing so many new features to the truck market. What are they? big and small V8's? Every company has that. 4wd? LSD? sunroof? But the fact that Ford is offering a class IV (i think) dualie for sale at dealers is not something that is important to the truck market. Way to kiss Toyotas ass.

Devout Cummins fans will never buy a Nissan over their pride and joy and that's the bottom line, and I don't think the rest of the American market, who may be interested in a Titan, would ever buy a diesel powered one...given the choice they will always go gasoline.

My .02.

I Agree... I'd rather see Nissan develop their own Diesel.. They've always done an excellent job with engine development in the past.

The Cummins and The Powerstroke are both great diesels... once again everything boils down to maintainance. I just prefer an inline 6 to a v8 diesel. Hell, I'd love to see Nissan co-develop a titan with CAT or even Deer! I will be looking into a full size truck in the next year or so (crew cab) that will also be my daily driver up here in Alaska. It has to do three things: Haul (dirt, applicances, build-demo waste), Tow 8-10k pounds and Seat at least 5... and I'd really like to do it for less than $50k (Ford/Chevy), and I'm not a big fan of Dodges overall build quality. If Toyota really does throw a Hino (8.0L Inline Six FTW) with a Six Speed in their Tundra, I may have to spring for it and spend a little extra (especially if they offer the flat-black model...mmmm).

I DO think that it would be a really bad idea for Nissan to partner up with Chrysler for any other reason lol.

I did mistake that for a personal attack, I apologize... My business runs me 7 days a week, 12 hrs a day.. I have a problem taking everything personally at the end of the day and turn into a "rock'em sock'em." I don't know how my Fiance Puts up with it... Waiting on my Gym Equipment to get up here is Killing me lol (my method for aggression dissipation has always been lifting, unfortunatly there is not a fully equiped gym where I'm at).

About 2 years ago I read where they're were talks of that (this was prior to the Daimler/Chrysler split) and Nissan had backed out...maybe they are reconsidering...Cummins IIRC isn't a Daimler or Chrysler company...Chrysler just used the Cummins engine. I also had read where Nissan would not bring a Diesel truck to the US b/c of the EPA BS... Most of that was a little over a year ago but the "plan" for Chrysler was to have an independent wealthy person buy it out and create a high end auto out of them and get of the "American junk cheap cars" Now that Chrysler and diamler have split I haven't heard too much insight on the situation b/c I worked for a Diamler company when the pot was being stirred

The powerstroke is now going down hill...Last I heard Ford was taking the engine over from International and they were doing away with the 7.2L which I think is one of the best powerstrokes out there...

An HD Nissan would be awesome since technology is pushing towards diesel which in turn will turn to an alternative fuel source, I think it would be good to have a diesel nissan on the market; esp if they beat toyota to it

I here ya man, its np...i would love to see nissan get with cat or deer also...the commercial fords use cat. Sucks to work that much, but OT is nice, Ive been takin all my class related stress out on the control arms on my pathy...wonder what i can take it out on when im done with them...damn engineering programs

About 2 years ago I read where they're were talks of that (this was prior to the Daimler/Chrysler split) and Nissan had backed out...maybe they are reconsidering...Cummins IIRC isn't a Daimler or Chrysler company...Chrysler just used the Cummins engine. I also had read where Nissan would not bring a Diesel truck to the US b/c of the EPA BS... Most of that was a little over a year ago but the "plan" for Chrysler was to have an independent wealthy person buy it out and create a high end auto out of them and get of the "American junk cheap cars" Now that Chrysler and diamler have split I haven't heard too much insight on the situation b/c I worked for a Diamler company when the pot was being stirred

The powerstroke is now going down hill...Last I heard Ford was taking the engine over from International and they were doing away with the 7.2L which I think is one of the best powerstrokes out there...

An HD Nissan would be awesome since technology is pushing towards diesel which in turn will turn to an alternative fuel source, I think it would be good to have a diesel nissan on the market; esp if they beat toyota to it

It was a 7.3, and they have had the 6.0 or w/e size it is for a couple years now, and problems ever since. I think they did a twin turbo design on the redesigned super duty's, but doubt its gonna work any better. more parts to break

I here ya man, its np...i would love to see nissan get with cat or deer also...the commercial fords use cat. Sucks to work that much, but OT is nice, Ive been takin all my class related stress out on the control arms on my pathy...wonder what i can take it out on when im done with them...damn engineering programs

No OT for me.. I'm salary+plus profit share with option to buy in, and last year we didn't turn a large enough profit (after our remodel expenses) to share anything, lol.. since it's family, I'm kind of ball and chained, I just have to keep telling myself "it'll be worth it!" :treadmill:

motor trend ... kiss ***** ass.

Just figuring this out are you? Just like everything else in this world, the media said it, so it has to be true. All those trash auto mags are the reason they don't make things that are worth a damn. A bunch of fat a$$ writers go all crybaby because they felt a bump and next year they make the damn thing a unibody....

Just figuring this out are you? Just like everything else in this world, the media said it, so it has to be true. All those trash auto mags are the reason they don't make things that are worth a damn. A bunch of fat a$$ writers go all crybaby because they felt a bump and next year they make the damn thing a unibody....

100% True.. "purpose built" vehicles are slowly becoming a thing of the past. Now manufacturers are overwheling themselves by trying to produce "do it all" vehicles that only "do it all" in a mediocre fashion.

But that is what the consumer wants, because that's what the reviews say they should have.

Edited by 87pathmaker