XM or Sirius Satellite Radio

csutke

XM or Sirius Satellite Radio  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you have?

• XM
    • Sirius
    • N/A

If you have one which one and why did you pick that one? Any suggestions as to which one to get? Also does any one know if theres a reciever that has an output on it or a way to make an output instead of using the FM transmitter as I have two AUX inputs on my deck?

Thanks

I have XM and I love it. Its so nice to listen to a station and not cut to commercial. Im a fan of The Rhyme(ch65), Big Tracks (49) and the Eighties....wait for it......yep channel 8. I also like they have almost every baseball game on all season long. I have installed both XM and Sirius and they are basicly the same. I enjoy XM's layout and selection. Though, I put Sirius in my brothers Mazda and he has the Playboy channel. I dont!

From what I hear, they are supposed to merge together at some point.

Yeah, I thought they were going to merge in early '08. so far nothing yet. Anyhow, I vote for XM because I love the DJs that air on 81 and 82. BPM and the System. If you like radio talk shows, like Playboy and Howard Stern then Sirius is for you. Also, Sirius has NFL while XM has College. It's really up to your listening preferences.

Got XM as a birthday gift two years ago, I do not mind it just miss my local traffic reports but it helps during the gridlock. I hope they merge though cause more channels would be pretty wicked. Well my favorite channels are basicly so random that I have no idea, I can start with the forties, then hit up some beats on BPM then rock out to Squizz and then lay back and relax to Audio Visions...

I tried XM, but wasn't impressed.

The stations were good (x2 on the BPM), but the reception was awful. The Delphi receiver was crap. It lasted only a little over a year before it blew up and the connection to the stereo was a joke.

If I had it do do again, I'd have gone with Sirius. Such as it is, I won't be buying into commercial radio again now that head units are coming with USB and SD interfaces.

Such as it is, I won't be buying into commercial radio again now that head units are coming with USB and SD interfaces.

I have never nor now have any urge for SatRad, especially for the same reasons. Why pay some monkey to play music I MIGHT like, when I can throw half my 400 CDs on a jump drive and listen to stuff I DO like. :shrug:

Spoken like a true green rider fan. Did you find a new coach yet? ;)

Our former Off Coord Ken Miller, the guy who kinda looks like Lancaster.

The other Sirius plus for me is Howard Stern...again, not on XM or USB.

• 3 weeks later...

for an update, i decided to go with sirius and i love it. I just made about an 800 mile trip and it was a life saver. I never once lost signal and the different stations made the trip seam alot faster than it was.

me two. 100 or so odd songs on each cd keep me entertained. I am saving my money for when alpine makes a deck with usb or audio in lines for most mp3 players (not just crummy ipods)

my deck has all of that (MP3, AAC and AUX in) but i didnt want to spend the time to make cd's and have to fiddle with changing them out or carrying them

my deck has all of that (MP3, AAC and AUX in) but i didnt want to spend the time to make cd's and have to fiddle with changing them out or carrying them

or have them all slide off the passenger seat onto the floor when you turn :rolleyes:

yeah, but i still like to choose what I hear. I have cd holders on both my visors so they stay out of the way. If i tried it for a few months, i would probably enjoy it because i hate commercials on regular radio even more than the playlists.