Nissan building a truck for Suzuki

jitterymonkey

What, Nissan offering it under another name or the look of the truck in the pic?

Nissan is doing nothing that most others have not already done. And the pic is not an indicator of what the truck will actually look like.

What, Nissan offering it under another name or the look of the truck in the pic?

Nissan is doing nothing that most others have not already done. And the pic is not an indicator of what the truck will actually look like.

I hope not. :thumbsdown:

I always thought GM/Suzuki put bowtie emblems on the Sidekick/Tracker so that

(some) people would feel better about buying them.

I could understand Suzuki's point of view there,and Nissans reasons now....

But what's Suzuki thinking?

Must be getting a hell of a deal from Nissan

to be able to make a profit.

It says why right in the article:

In 2006, Suzuki and Nissan announced an agreement to expand the scope of their business collaboration. The pickup is part of that agreement, which also included the supply by Suzuki to Nissan of Alto minicars in Japan.

So each company supplies each other with what sells best in Japan and the US.

Edited by SC88Pathy

From what I hear, Suzuki may be an up-and-comer here in the next few years. Their smaller cars are rated really well in build quality and fun factor. With their huge popularity in bikes, you'd think they'd do something a little more perfomance oriented in the future. If they can move a lot of these trucks, it's a great way for them to make a profit with out any real risk, and like previously mentioned, Nissan sells more trucks, they don't really care who they sell them to :) I think it could be a win/win. Maybe even get a frontier for less money through suzuki :)