Fun Day Today

Kittamaru

In the span of 15 minutes, the roads around my house went from just being wet, to being a sheet of ice...

we had a twelve car pileup in my driveway/yard/street... including the loss of our mailbox and my pathy ALMOST getting hit by a car sliding (at 40+ mph) into our driveway (same one that took out the mailbox)... it was a damned PT Cruiser...

Oh, and that SAME cruiser wiped out a spiked in railroad tie! WTF?

Another 11 vehicles were involved... I quickly hid my pathfinder beside the house...

Meh, what a morning...

Same thing up in Michigan. I drove the Saturn today and it was fun skating to work. Only saving grace was that the center of the road was ice, but there was gravel/slush on the shoulder. I watched a jeep coming at me bounce from one shoulder to the other.

Bigmatt

It was a rental cruiser no less :P

I have pictures of the aftermath... was busy stopping traffic up the road while one of the drivers (a local school gym teacher) stopped traffic from the other direction... you couldn't see the accident till you crest the hill, and by then you were on ice :P

Only ONE injury... my father

He went out to help, slipped, and cracked the back of his head. Gave himself a nice concussion... about a half hour after he fell (it took em around 4 hours to clear all the cars out of our yard) he started to loose his short term memory... called an EMS team in and we went to Hershey Med Center... like I thought, concussion. Nothing broken, no internal injuries...

Go figure. The ONLY injury is the person that goes out to help... no good deed goes unpunished eh?

I'll post pictures once I pull em from the camera. I have insurance and plate numbers as well... needless to say the drivers insurance of the person that took out our mailbox + yard will be paying for the repairs...

I'm workin on it :P My PC doesn't have a card reader :(

Get one :P

I got a 23 in 1 for like 10 dollars off ebay. I only use one kind of card (SD) but it works :shrug: also has a 3 port usb hub.

I'd love for that to happen in neighborhood, i don't like some of the neighbours :shiftyeyes:

thats crazy...there was all kinds of wrecks this morning...saw a rolled titan on my way into work...dumbass hcanged lanes from a dry lane to an iced lane and I saw where he skidded then as soon as he hit the median it has been rainin/snowing for the past 2 weeks and i guess the tires bit and it pretty much crushed the cab flat...

my boss oculdnt get to the office till like 1 b/c the snow plow took out 10 cars and most ended up in the canyon...guess it was a good day for wrecks...glad to hear the pathy made it unscaved...hopefully they get your box fixed soon too...

Oy, sorry to hear about the mess. I hope your dad is ok after the bump to the head. At least you got the insurance info., and some front row entertainment.

My buddy from work was taking pics from his place Monday morning on hill in Magnolia in Seattle. He got some nice sliding stack-ups of vehicles in front of his place. I stayed home half the day here in Bonney Lake (about 35 miles south of Seattle and 600' or so elevation), no fault of my own. I made it down the hills and past the morons to the highway (WA Hwy 410), only to be turned back by the police who had closed the highway due to multiple bad wrecks on the snow and ice on the way down. Its the safest/straightest trip down to the Puyallup Valley below at 25' or so elevation. Since it was closed, I wasn't gonna drive around the plateau looking for a more slippery and worse back road down, so back home I went. :)

On the way back home, I got out of my truck to help this guy in a Crown Vic who couldn't get moving at an intersection up a hill by my house. I pushed as much as I could while slipping on the ice, but once he started sliding down hill, I ran back and jumped in my Pathy. I drove onto the sidewalk to pass him, then spun through the intersection, up the hill, and on to home. LOL, he had this WTF?!?! scared look as he sat at the wheel with brakes locked as he slid down, with the car behind him hitting reverse and going backward. I didn't stick around to find out the end of that mess. Luckily, it was a short hill... heh heh heh

Nice... my mom has the photo card and is going to print out the pictures for insurance, then I'm getting them...

they aren't that impressive, as they were taken after it all happened and most of the cars had been shoved off the road the rest of the way

Our next mailbox is going to be a solid axel burried 2 foot in the ground and cemented, with the cement reinforced with rebar.

We've lost 8 mailboxes in 3 years... to plows, random cars, and idiots slamming into em with pickup trucks for "fun"... I feel sorry for the asshole that hits THIS particular mailbox, hehehehe

just set it up so it only goes off under like a 1000lb mass at a 2-3G load condition (car slamming into post)...then he's safe to do as he needs around the box

Why don't I just strap thermite and satchel charges to it and use an anti-tank mine's detonation cap to set off the device? Lol... damn, I just don't want to loose another mailbox, to hell with the cars that hit it, not my fault :P