Planning a Rough Country UCA/JGC coil lift

jitterymonkey

Know the JGC coil subject has been brought up at least once before :deadhorse:

But I have not found a clear answer on Pathys with 4 doors and a tire rack.

From all I've read people installing JGC coils have gotten everything from 1 1/2" inch to 4" on a 4 door Pathy

with the rear tire rack.

Did some get worn out coils while other luckier ones got fresher JGC coils?

Those of you that got more than 2" of lift

How are they doing after a few thousand miles?

Thinking about buying lifted JGC/Ford coils and cutting them down to get the perfect hight

(Want to match the front with Rough Country UCAs/Torsion bars not maxed)

but I doubt they'd be any cheaper than Calmini or AC's 3" lift coils.

The after-market companies don't differentiate

between the 2 and 4 doors on they're 3" coils.

Do they new, give at least 3" on the 2 as well as the 4 door with a rear tire carrier?

It'd be a lot nicer if I could find cheap used/JY JGC coils

that would give my heavy assed 4 door the right hight to match the front lift.

HAD a tire carrier. took it off. used brand new JGC coils, got 3 & 3/4" of lift on Mini Me..... after 2 years they are still excellent, even after wheelin, and LOTS of miles.

we did find for some reason my coils were a slightly different design to the average JGC coil..... that may have had something to do with why i got so much lift, when the average is 2-3"

FYI, i paid $30 more for NEW coils than the JY's were askin.

kragen P/N: PA 8360513 (FCS782V) i paid $70 for em

Edited by Slick

Thanks Slick,

When I read in the "How to JGC" posts that you got 4" on your 4 door

I was like :wtf: everyone just rollin' the dice and hoping for 3"?

She must be 1 lucky girl :D

So did ya ever measure it with the carrier on?

i measured when i took the carrier off, then after the coils were installed, she went up 3/4" just taking the carrier off (stock everything)..... but i also had stock shocks then too, now i run rancho 5000's (put those on with the JGC's)

I also did a t-bar crank after the install also

beofre n after's.......

pathyafter.jpg

Edited by Slick

JGC coils are just recommended u can use other coils I used some I found in my garage I didn’t even know they were there my dad said they were off a early 90 ford f150 and they gave me 3-4 inches of lift I just had to heat up the end with a torch and bend it out and they popped right in. and the rear end does not ride ruff

The amount of lift you get can vary, and it does for everyone.

There is no was of knowing for sure the amount of lift you will get until you install them. There are different springs, with different rates. Something else is that the amount of "lift" you will get from a set may be different than if those exact same coils are install on another truck, because of the difference in the amount of "sag" the two trucks stock springs have at the time. This is why people estimate lift ranges as 1.5-2.5, 2-3 or 3-4, etc.

Even many/most retail lift packages that use springs for lift give a range rather than a solid figure, or they include some fine print that say you may not get that exact number.

I have a 91 4 door with spare carrier, installed the JGC coils from a JY, gave me about 2.5" of lift, I also have a 50 lb sub box and trail gear in the back, which prob doesn't help. Been on for about 5k miles or so and has not drooped yet. Over all very happy with the results considering it cost me little $$ and some elbow grease in my driveway :)

I have a 91 4 door with spare carrier, installed the JGC coils from a JY, gave me about 2.5" of lift, I also have a 50 lb sub box and trail gear in the back, which prob doesn't help. Been on for about 5k miles or so and has not drooped yet. Over all very happy with the results considering it cost me little $$ and some elbow grease in my driveway :)

Also If you bend the pig tail out instead of cutting it you will get more lift and less likely to sag in the future

Mark