Sad Sad weekend

MarkGardiner

some of you may have seen on the news about a crash in Bathurst New Brunswick, 7 kids from the Bathurst High School Basketball team and the coach's wife was killed in a head on with a transport, its a small city here and was affected terribly, 1 of the kids was my cousin, another a co-worker. what a tragic event that rocks a community :(

I'm sorry for your loss and my condolences go out to you, your family and your comunity.

That was a big shock troughout the whole province yesterday. We went to the Moncton Blue Eagles game last night and they had a moment of silence for the victims.

Having two kids in sports, I can't even imagine the feeling a parent would get when he get that news while waiting for his kid to come back from a sporting event. It is a truely sad story indeed!

there are so many horror stories too, the kids were 10 mins from being home, most of them called their parents and said 'hey pick us up in 10 mins', it was 1 kids birthday, his parents called at midnight to sing him happy birthday, they crashed around 12:06, so literally just after hanging up it happened, its awful. they decided to have a mass memorial and funeral, its really gonna be rough...

This is a real tragedy for any community, I am truly sorry for what has happened.

It is unfortunately a "risk" that we has parents are willing to take to allow our kids to enjoy things like hockey games and basketball tournaments. i just hope somethi9ng good comes from this and the lives lost are not in vain.

I understand the van in question did not have snow tires, so that is one issue that could be addressed out of this.

I understand the van in question did not have snow tires, so that is one issue that could be addressed out of this.

Another reason why myself, and no one I know will ever buy a van, no matter how "safe" they say they are. My aunt got in an accident with hers and after seeing that and how little it takes to crush the pos' i never ride in them anymore.

:stickwack: dodge caravan

Being just a couple of hours from you Mark,we have all been touched by this,these boys were comming from my hometown on route to Bathurst,whats even more tough about this is the alarming rate we keep losing folks on our highways here,especially young men.

My Condolences,Marc.