I've got a few questions...

norcalpathy

Not sure on the basket....

The tire carrier, best of luck. They were fairly rare on the R50's. Either fab one up with a rear bumper, or hit the scrap yard, or dealer. I don't believe anyone here has retrofitted a carrier to a previously non-carrier equipped model, so I'm not sure if there's any braces in the rear pillar that you'll need.

/\ what he said, my tire carrier/bumper is a custom job.

As for baskets - Thule & Yakima make baskets and roof rack systems that are really good. My basket is a Sportrack, which I am about 95% sure is the same as the baskets sold under Coleman's name stateside. It is relatively cheap, compared to the Thule or Yakima stuff. I originally had mine mounted to the stock crosser bars. I later picked up a Thule roof rack system, as it offers better support that the stock bars.

Not sure on the basket....

The tire carrier, best of luck. They were fairly rare on the R50's. Either fab one up with a rear bumper, or hit the scrap yard, or dealer. I don't believe anyone here has retrofitted a carrier to a previously non-carrier equipped model, so I'm not sure if there's any braces in the rear pillar that you'll need.

Funny thing is that the factory service manual for my 02 shows a rear tire carrier and all its parts.

But as noted, very rare to actually find one on this style of Pathfinder.

I have a Yakima Rack for my 97 pathy, it attaches to the factory cross bars and I really like the look. I dont however like the added wind noise and 1.5 mpg drop in fuel mileage. So I only use the rack when wheeling, and camping where I need the extra space for fuel and such. If you look on craigslist or other online classifieds you can score good deals. I bought mine from a friend for $200.00, and it retails for over $400.00. If you keep your eye out you can find good deals.

my 97 SE came with the rear spare tire carrier...it mounts to the body above and below the right taillight, and it has a locking mechanism at the bottom of the rear door. Also, the liscence plate is moved to the left side of the rear hatch with a black plastic assembly to hold it mounting to the door