great things for free

Slightly illegal and slightly bad idea, I'd say. People don't usually abandon JGC's with offroad equipment on them. People who steal them might, though. Do you want to be blamed for stealing the car in the first place if a cop finds you picking parts off it?

Call it in as a found vehicle, do it before it ends up looking like my friends truck that was stolen. And there was nothing left to steal.

It was burnt to the ground found out in the woods on a logging road.

Yup, I've had my old car stolen and broken into, along with a couple attempts on other's I've owned (luckily not the Pathy yet, knock on wood). If it is stolen, its a horrible feeling. Call it in to the police and let them do some REAL work for once, rather than just handing out tickets.

I went and checked on it last night and it has already been stripped about half way.

it looks like its been sitting there for a while with weeds and flat tires all around.

it has no doors or windows.

its in the middle of prescott in a vacant parking lot

Just because everyone else is jacking stuff from this poor guy's truck doesn't give you the right to. Call the cops, tell them there's an abandoned truck that someone might be looking for, give them the license and VIN, and get some good karma.

For some reason I don't think they're just gonna make you a key given a vehicle's VIN #. =)

if its stolen that guys prolly bumbed like crazy. a friend of mine had her expedition stolen, the found it about 150 miles away stripped to the frame and what was left of the body in a ditch. i wouldnt touch that thing, ain't mine why touch it right? just report it like every one else suggested. ;)