Antenna Busted Off

prginocx

I'm not sure if the WD21's are different then my R50, but I have a power antenna and it broke while wheeling and I just replaced it. I bought a replacement mast off ebay for like $12USD and I just had to loosen the nut thing at the bottom of the antenna (right at the fender) and then I had my friend turn the radio on (antenna go up) and I pulled and the old antenna and toothed plastic thing came out. Then I took the new antenna mast and pushed the plastic tooth thing in and turned the radio off (antenna go down) and it sucked it in. Then just tightened up the nut thing and Bob's your uncle!

The antenna mast came with instructions and it was very easy to do.

If it is not a power antenna then I don't know...

Edited by HitTheTrails

Yes they do! Needle nose vise-grips work excellent! Most after market ant. mast have several stud inserts for different applications. Which means most any after market cheapie ant. mast will work!!! :tongue:

Be carefull thre, or you'll be in my situation. I put a stubby flexible aftermarket mast on mine then decided I wanted to change to a different one. The adapter stud snapped off in the fender mount. That was almost 2 years ago and I'm still mastless. I listen to CDs 90% of the time anyway. I did try to use an easy-out on it back when it all happened and that broke also. Evenually I'll probably drill it all out and re-tap it for a new one.

• 1 year later...

Power antenna can usually be replaced by taking off the lock nut and turning on the radio. As the antenna extends, grab it and pull gently, letting it come completely out of the winding mechanism (make note of the tooth direction). To install, have radio on and shove antenna toothed mechanism into the mast home (with the teeth in the right direction) then turn off the radio. It should grab and pull the antenna in. Of course, this could be how to do a Honda.

DO NOT LOSE THE MOUNTING SLEEVE THAT IS ON THE BASE OF THE MAST! This stupid little piece keeps the antenna from being very loose and I have not found it to be a dealer orderable item. The new mast does not come with it.

It's a metal 'tube' about 2 inches long that slides over the base of the mast.

You should be able to, not sure what the fender mount is like though.

I saw a molested LE pathfinder at the junkyard last time I was there, pretty bad rear ender but I'm hoping it has a working power antenna!