Twin Turbos For Wd21 Pathfinders

NWT87PATHY

I was browsing the Internet for Pathfinder Parts and came across A 300ZX site and did A bit of reading up on em, I noticed the 89-96 300zx's had V6 VG30DETT T+T motors.. Would the mounts for a VG30I be in the same spot (VG30)? Or am I wasting my time?

Heres a Link to the Site were the potential Twin Turbo Heart would come from.

http://www.streetimports.com/product_details.asp?id=977

Anything's possible depending on how much money you want to spend.

That being said, there's no room in the Pathy for a VG30DE, not to mention trying to stuff two turbos and all the associated plumbing in there with it. A small block Chevy swap is more doable, but still a lot of work/money.

there's no room in the Pathy for a VG30DE

Wanna Bet???? If it fits in a S12...

Time and $$$ is all it takes... Now squeezing the Twin Turbo's thats gonna hurt... TT also has a different transmission... Lots of extra exhaust items along with all the intake....

If you stripped the front end to the frame rails and built back up from there....

Edited by Casey.T

Anything's possible depending on how much money you want to spend.

That being said, there's no room in the Pathy for a VG30DE, not to mention trying to stuff two turbos and all the associated plumbing in there with it. A small block Chevy swap is more doable, but still a lot of work/money.

Yep I agree 100% with jj, the Pathy engine bay is tiny, one of the smallest I have ever seen, and you'd never fit your twin turbo setup in there without spending mega $$$$$ on extensive structural and body mods.

Yeah, this question comes up once or twice a year. There are always a few out there who say it can be done, and yeah it can, but it isn't a simple pull your motor, swap it in. Like has been said we have a tiny engine bay, just imagine adding 2 more cams, 2 turbos and about 10-15 feet of 3"tubing in there. If you are going to go through the trouble and want to keep it Nissan, look into the VH45DE. It's a V-8, but the stock traynny on it will bolt right up to our TX-10A T-case. Also, it is lighter than a VG motor.

Here's a shot of a VG30 in an S12.

1337880503_l.jpg

Take a look at Casey T's link, then take a look at this pic, then take a look under your hood. Take notice of how tiny (even with the S/C sitting on top) the VG30E looks in the S12 compared to how it looks in your truck. Believe me, if it was easy there would be thirty members on this board alone who would have done the swap already. Unfortunately, there is no drop-in HP solution for us.

Edited by jj big shoe

so i think that we are all agreed that we will run into some issues with the vg30de swap. if one could remove the inner fender wells to open the bay up some would that help? is the issue with the engine being too long or too wide or both??? i am sure that if enough of us throw out ideas then someone (ME) would be willing to chop the engine bay to pieces!!!

-baztard-

• 1 month later...
I'd go a supercharger option like wannabe is going to do. Cheaper, don't run at insanely high temperatures, more reliable, less plumbing and instant power.

What ever happened to L&P's Supercharger system that was to be released in '05 or so?

Here's a shot of a VG30 in an S12.

1337880503_l.jpg

Take a look at Casey T's link, then take a look at this pic, then take a look under your hood. Take notice of how tiny (even with the S/C sitting on top) the VG30E looks in the S12 compared to how it looks in your truck. Believe me, if it was easy there would be thirty members on this board alone who would have done the swap already. Unfortunately, there is no drop-in HP solution for us.

Where'd you get that pic from? I'm wondering where he got his blower....

What ever happened to L&P's Supercharger system that was to be released in '05 or so?

L&p is well, crooks. If you want turbos, just fab up the exhaust manifold. the rest is pretty easy, but building the manifold that will hold that weight and be strong enough to wheel with is pretty hard.