New Guy From B.c.

HitTheTrails

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd post q quick note in this section. I got my Pathfinder last November and have been looking at this forum since before that time but I finally signed up this week.

I bought a 1996 Pathfinder Klondike edition with Automatic transmission. It is maroon with grey leather (aftermarket) interior. I bought it off the original owner and it is in very good shape.

The first thing I did was put 30" Goodyear Wrangler MTR tires on it (I had them from my old S10 Blazer that I sold) and load it up with tools and recovery gear, and I went over it top to bottom to make sure everything was in order.

I have now just ordered up the OME coils, KYB GR2 struts and OME shocks and am waiting for them in the mail! I'm looking into sliders and skids as well as getting manual hubs.

I really like this truck and am very happy with it.

I will post some pics soon.

Hello I am new here to. Where is Surrey BC? My folks live in the Salmon Arm area.

Cheers

Hey MellowYellow, you live a long way away from your folks!

Surrey is a suburb of Vancouver, so it's in the south-west corner of BC!

:welcome:

Hi there! Welcome to NPORA!

Lets see:

Skids - Black Panther -- aka Runnerman on the boards... he hasnt been around for a while now (personal issues) but we expect him back in business soon -- great product!

Sliders - 4krawler -- http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/RockSliderZ.shtml#NPF

Hubs - Warn -- # 29091

Of course others may have suggestions... but they're not as good as mine :D

Hey MellowYellow, you live a long way away from your folks!

Surrey is a suburb of Vancouver, so it's in the south-west corner of BC!

:welcome:

Yes I sure do. I am originally from Cali and moved out this way a year ago. I sure miss California off roading but who knows I may move back some day. My step Mum as you say is Canadian so they decided to retire up there.

Welcome to the boards, I'm from Maple Ridge. Feel free to join us on any little trail runs I post under the Western Canada section, next one is this Sunday.

Thanks man, I'm up in Fort St. John till the Labour Day long weekend, but I'll be around and wanting to go on some trail runs after that. I'll be checking the Western Canada section! :beer:

Pezzy, thanks for the info, and nice truck and pics! Do you have both sway bars removed?

Edited by HitTheTrails

Pezzy, thanks for the info, and nice truck and pics! Do you have both sway bars removed?

Nope, I have both of them on the truck still... never really saw the need to remove them.

Welcome as well.

And I also recommend the Black Panther skids, and they are Canadian so you save on some shipping/duty costs (plus they seem to be way better than what else is out there).

I have heard there are some good trails in the Chilliwack area (ie Veder Mt.). And check out this site for some local general off-road info: 4x4 BC

Welcome as well.

And I also recommend the Black Panther skids, and they are Canadian so you save on some shipping/duty costs (plus they seem to be way better than what else is out there).

I have heard there are some good trails in the Chilliwack area (ie Veder Mt.). And check out this site for some local general off-road info: 4x4 BC

Thanks Trainman.

It seems everybody agrees that the BP skids are really good! :aok:

There are many good trails out in the valley (Chilliwack/Mission etc.), I've ran some of them in my old S10.

I'm a member on bc4x4 already, it's a very usefull site for local 4x4ing info, unfortunately they don't have many Pathfinder specific discussions but that's why I'm on this board too! :)

Edited by HitTheTrails

• 3 weeks later...

wow i haven't 4wheeled in kelowna in YEARS!

Anyways, the fishin is good in chilliwack, si will probably be around that area and hope for some wheelin and fishin soon!

Any time guys. drop me a line.