Mahalos

Ok now got spark but..................

when cranking nothing at the front of motor moves

the crank shaft dont move at all

please tell me its the timing belt.....

guess there was more than the battery put on backwards

please help if need more info let me know

Mahalos

guess there was more than the battery put on backwards <~~ THIS seriously concerns me.... what the....

anyhoo, have you removed the covers and checked the timing belt, or do you want us to do that for you? have you checked ANYTHING?? have you tried to turn the motor by hand? have you pulled a valve cover? checked all your connections? fuel delivery? all the belts? including the t belt?

there's only 1 way to find out if yer t belt snapped....... L@@K. seriously.

dig around, THEN come back n ask us the possibilities ;)

sorry to be "harsh", but oyu basically want US to figure out your issue for you.. we can only help diagnose, AFTER you have done some digging around YOURSELF :beer:

If the crank pulley isn't turning, it isn't the timing belt. The crank pulley should turn anytime the engine turns. If the starter sounds like its turning the engine, the problem is probably between the starter and the engine = the driveplate.

Chris

If the crank pulley isn't turning, it isn't the timing belt. The crank pulley should turn anytime the engine turns. If the starter sounds like its turning the engine, the problem is probably between the starter and the engine = the driveplate.

Chris

Agreed if the starter is turning but the crank isn't spinning then your flywheel is not connected to your crank. Also I boubt your starter is making "normal" starter sounds if the flywheel is loose or the starter gear is not meshing with the flywheel.

Edited by Gotrek

could be all kinds of things. listen to slick and then come back and ask away. check the starter first as if the crank isn't turning it may be that or something is up with your trq converter. you're gonna have to do some major digging.

ok, so i can not turn the motor from the front...so im sure it has seized.

i crank and push only a hair of movement from one direction to the next.

if any places to look other than a total tear apart please let me know.....

oh well i got her for free and was hoping to upgrade from my old volvo wagon.

Mahalos

ok, so i can not turn the motor from the front...so im sure it has seized.

i crank and push only a hair of movement from one direction to the next.

if any places to look other than a total tear apart please let me know.....

oh well i got her for free and was hoping to upgrade from my old volvo wagon.

Mahalos

How were you trying to turn the engine over? You can't do it with a standard 3/8" ratchet unless you're really strong - try a breaker bar.

Of course, the timing belt may be gone - dismantle the top timing cover and look.

so i was cranking it with a 1/2'' and a breaker bar and it seems to be turning the bolt every so slightly.

as if it was going to break the bolt it just kept turning so i stoped ands im turning clockwise

and doing that the with the cover off the timing belt the belt just moves a hair.

this sucks i got it for free thought it was electrical probs and it was only half of the problem