Prado

FUELER

I hadn't gotten a reminder that it was about to expire and it went away. It will most likely go back up soon.

Why bother? Your ideas for mass-production of that product seem to have gone down the sh!tter. You guys have all but abandoned the idea it seems. Why re-register the domain?

Well, I for one am missing the messageboards at prado. I'm not sure if at a later time I'll be able to get my prado any longer, but I can only hope. I would have ordered one a while back, but this spring has hit my hard financially. Stupid rain!

Anyway, I use 1and1.com for hosting and it's very cheap. Domains are $4.99 a year or something. Screw register.com and the bunch. I'm interested in CAD stuff if you're completely done with prado. I plan on installing a ~2" subframe drop in the spring or winter.

Anyway, I use 1and1.com for hosting and it's very cheap. Domains are $4.99 a year or something. Screw register.com and the bunch. I'm interested in CAD stuff if you're completely done with prado. I plan on installing a ~2" subframe drop in the spring or winter.

Me too! I pay $2.22 a month for 5 websites (hosting and domain names included)

Thats an incredible price, considering that my main site brings in thousands of dollars of business every month. What a ROI!!

What was the actual height on the one in development, 3.5"?

Wouldn't the kit be 'stronger' if it was say, 1.5-2"? Thats all I really want on top of the OME. I havn't researched the subframe drop all that much, but I'm thinking there would be less leverage and stress on the mounting points and kit itself if it wasn't so huge. The steering extension was my biggest concern. Would it still be needed with a 1.5" drop?

4" subframe drop and 4.5" strut spacers. I'm not sure anybody tried shorter blocks to see what would be needed for steering extension (nothing, straight extension, single U joint?)

You can still ask Tyler if he has parts. In the end nobody came forward to buy any kits despite lots of inquiries...

Mine is a 3.5 subframe drop with 3.5" spacers. the honda joint just barely fits with a 3.5" subframe drop. anything less and you'll need to fab up something different for a steering extention. I wouldnt have a strut spacer taller then the subframe drop as this will lead to overextending the CV and possibly grenading a cv.

In the end nobody came forward to buy any kits despite lots of inquiries...

That's pretty much the response I got when I polled the R50 community after my custom bumper was done.

Yeah it sucks that nobody would come through including myself. I had full intentions on getting the lift and still do want one. I got my wife pregnant instead and have a beautiful 2 yr old. So my priorities changed quite a bit. I just started a new job that should pay pretty well so I was getting excited thinking that it was finally time get some sliders,lift and bumpers.....well I found out 3 days ago that my wife is pregnant again! So we will see if I can still squeeze soem of this stuff in.

I just started a new job that should pay pretty well so I was getting excited thinking that it was finally time get some sliders,lift and bumpers.....well I found out 3 days ago that my wife is pregnant again!

Umm...Trojan's come to mind? :lol:

JFWY...congrats!

In the end nobody came forward to buy any kits despite lots of inquiries...

1. Nobody ever said the kits were ready to purchase. I asked a few times and all I got was "after the liability issues are figured out" and "after we figure out a tube to connect the blocks." I am not on the boards every day (or every month for that matter) and I stopped asking.

2. The kit started out as front and rear blocks with a steering extension and maybe some other parts for $500 and ended up as an $800 kit for sale in one forum that only came with the front blocks and may or may not have been used. I am not judging what is a fair price or not (I have seen 4" drop kits with shocks and everything for $800 on sale and I have seen super complex kits for the full sizes that are like 5" and many thousands), but $800 for half the kit is not $500 for everything but the springs and shocks.

I said from the start (which was like 2 years ago now I think) I will buy the kit and I have the money. However, no kit has ever been offered...

My thoughts...

Edited by BernieMac

Yeah, Prado=we'll let you know when it's ready for sale=no buyers. I wanted one, but then saw price increase, damage to test vehicles, no kit as promised, etc,etc... Not that the guys didn't try, just never brought a real product to market. Dean your rear bumper is nice, but we all don't have the kinda cash you dropped on it either. I wish we had more options like the Heep crowd, but we don't. I also hope people continue to try bringing new products to market for the Pathy's, it doesn't hurt to try!!!