Exhaust Studs

PATHY90

hi i know i'll get flamed for this but i did search and can't find any info on buying exhaust studs for my 90 pathy. i was replacing my heads and now it's sitting again b/c i'm not sure if i finish putting everything back on that i'll be able to but the studs in. any advice would be great.

get them from nissan. Here are your part #'s

14065-V5004 - stud

14039-W1500 - nut

14037-F6610 - washer

it cost me around $100 for 12 of each (I replaced all of my manifold studs with these new ones) They are supposedly stronger than the stock parts.

14065-V5004 - stud

14039-W1500 - nut

14037-F6610 - washer

it cost me around $100 for 12 of each (I replaced all of my manifold studs with these new ones) They are supposedly stronger than the stock parts.

are these the Pathy OEM numbers or the ones for the 300Z?

Edited by k9sar

Yes I believe they are the 300zx studs. and PATHY90, you want to use these 300zx studs because they are stronger than the original jobs they put on these trucks. The 300zx and pathfinder share the same block.

Yes I believe they are the 300zx studs. and PATHY90, you want to use these 300zx studs because they are stronger than the original jobs they put on these trucks. The 300zx and pathfinder share the same block.

i'm assuming it's the NA 300zx, nad not the turbo one.. right? also can't i just reuse the washers?

14065-V5004 - stud

14039-W1500 - nut

14037-F6610 - washer

In another same topic, I read the number part of washer is 14037-V5005. What is the correct number of this part, or, it is diferent to 93' Pathy?

Regards,

Edited by WRL69

In another same topic, I read the number part of washer is 14037-V5005. What is the correct number of this part, or, it is diferent to 93' Pathy?

Regards,

I used these in mine. Too bad they are now discontinued. Maybe with a little searching you could find someone who still has some stock.

Mark

http://www.ecklerscamaro.com/product.asp?d...mp;pf_id=718176

14037-V5005 Lock Washer for manifold studs 1.88ea

14039-W1500 Nuts for manifold studs .65ea

14065-V5004 Manifold Studs 3.21ea

or

8mm x 1.25 x 40mm (6) metric grade 5

8mm lock washers (12) metric grade 5

i used bolts instead of studs. i also know the guys at L&P used bolts instead of studs. bolts wont break in the engine head like studs will, theyll break right below the bolt head. the reason you get metric grade 5 instead of metric grade 8, is because the grade 5's metal make up is very close to the head's, so they expand and contract at about the same points. havent had a problem with mine, and dont expect to

or

i used bolts instead of studs. i also know the guys at L&P used bolts instead of studs. bolts wont break in the engine head like studs will, theyll break right below the bolt head. the reason you get metric grade 5 instead of metric grade 8, is because the grade 5's metal make up is very close to the head's, so they expand and contract at about the same points. havent had a problem with mine, and dont expect to

any reason why you would want to use stainless steel?? :hide:

you have any idea of what would happened if the bolts were stainless steel in stead of grade 5. i have access to stainless steel bolts but grade 5 i would have to order them in. so i was just curious as to what would happened if i used stainless steel.

Stainless bolts are also going to be way more expensive. I'd go with new bolts and generic nuts and washers, personally. I tried using a stainless axle on my bike once, it was touted as "40% stronger than regular steel axles!" ...broke it on my first ride. I was pissed.

Stainless bolts are also going to be way more expensive. I'd go with new bolts and generic nuts and washers, personally. I tried using a stainless axle on my bike once, it was touted as "40% stronger than regular steel axles!" ...broke it on my first ride. I was pissed.

well i found out the make up of stainless steel is stronger but the shear force of it is not a strong...

• 1 month later...

or

I have to replace any gasket (number part; quantity) ?

What is the proper proceure to do this important work in my Pathy?