A Sticky Situation

fondo

Well its been a while since I last posted, mainly because of limited internet access, any way I went 4x4 tonight and got my pathy in a really aukward place. Ya see, I was climbin' a moderately steep hill and couldn't quite make it due too semi-wet dirt. So I start to back down the hill when I notice I'm startin' to get off trail and headin straight for a man-made ditch that has a rock face on the side my pathy is enterin', and a steep slope on the opposite side. I turn my wheel as far a I can to avoid the ditch and get the rear wheel on a course that will eventually lead to the trail (mind you I'm still on a moutainside). Now my front tire is being pulled down into the ditch and it still has to make about a 1-1/2' over the rock face to make it back on the trail. I'm pretty much needin' to hoist my ass up onto the drivers seat to get in the vehicle at it current posistion. SO WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW.

Should I build a dirt ramp over the rock face and try backin up on that? My passenger rear wheel is up off the ground about 1 foot or so. DAMN. I appreciate any suggestions.

Well pictures would help if you could get some later but you might be able to just have someone pull you. If you are at an angle you probably would want to get pulled from the front since pulling you backwards might just drag it in the ditch some more. If not then find a hi-lift or a jack that is tall enough for you to jack your front tire that is in the ditch up to get the back tire down, if the ground is flat enough. If you can get the back tire to touch stack rocks under the front tire and just try to back out. In my experience you need to get the back tire down.

If your soloing it... Air Down the tires, This will get you a better Bite and reduce the distance your rear tire is off the ground. Air them down after you build up the rock and dirt ramp

HiLift will aslo be handy... worse case is a ComeAlong... Ive used both at one time. Make sure you get us some pics too....

Well I went back up there today in the morning around 11:00 with my dad and spent about 2 hours building a rock/dirt ledge and first try backin' up I was able to get out!!! Never under-estimate the handiness of a few shovels... Glad I didn't roll. Thanks for all the feedback.